The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im taking english jumping lessons in a couple of weeks but my english saddle keeps slipping. im going to try a smaller girth but is there any other way to prevent slippage? what about the saddle pad liners with the rubber material or whatever?im scared to death of falling because my saddle slipped. any help would be great! also i ride in an all purpose saddle if that matters.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats that??? im just getting into english so bear with me!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
^acctually, some horses are just round backed and the saddle slips easier.

I would get a breastplate and maybe a smaller girth! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
i would get a cropper it stops the saddle sliping forward and backward you strap it underneath the top of the tail and link it on to the back of the saddle! my freinds have one and its great!also i would use a breats plate:)you can by them at your local tack shops! goodluck in your lesson by the way !xxx

·
Registered
157 Posts
If your saddle is slipping forward, get a crupper. If its slipping back, or even sideways, get a breastplate. I use a breastplate and its been working so well since my horses are both kind of round.

Also, try a nonslip pad underneath for extra nonslippage. I've tried most everything so I know ;D

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
saddle probably doesn't fit or you might want to try a breast collar.

I got a new saddle because I was literally riding on my side..it was too small for her. My horse doesn't have much for withers so I also bought her a breast collar and it has helped as well.

·
Registered
872 Posts
^acctually, some horses are just round backed and the saddle slips easier.

I would get a breastplate and maybe a smaller girth! ;)
Or your horse is built so uphill that is it almost impossible to keep the saddle from slipping back... ;]

If you can, I would get a saddle that fits your horse the best you can get. If the saddle slips back, get a breastplate and a none slip pad. =]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.