The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I need saddle suggestions for my dad. He grew up riding western and my horses are trained english, however since my plan is to get into endurance riding I want to get him something light, western style or Australian or something along those lines that I can steal sometimes...hehe.

Anyway, right now he doesn't even ride, but wants to start soon, and has expressed interest in lessons. However, "his" western saddle is an old piece of poo that I can tell doesn't fit right for the horse or him. It's size 15 (too small, imo, for an 180 lb man...) I feel squashed in it and I'm taller than he is, and the stirrups are way too long. He claims he can punch holes in it but there is only so far you can go... It also doesn't fit my horse either, I am sure. It comes up in the back and it's shape is distorted somewhat. Well, I am determined to throw that in the trash and get something better that is used/new/whatever. As it is my horse he can't argue, though he has tried.

I think something without the horn would be best, but something that has the western feel for security.

So, fire away! I would love suggestions. And also, I am wanting to go with a lower price too, but I don't mind buying something used.

·
Registered
13,661 Posts

Abetta make some Endurance Style Western Saddles that are inexpensive even when new.

Bighorn also make some, maybe a used one to keep cost low.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.