The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Yeah, $169 new is junk. I used new cheap saddle for some time as well (it's always a money problem) until it broke on my horse sending me over her head. I was lucky enough to land on my butt and shoulder, but it was scary. I'd keep looking for the deals on used ones. I'm sure you can find something way more decent than that.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TY! I love the looks of that saddle. Theres also a dressage saddle im looking at now, so which ever one I can get for less works! Thanks for all the help :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree with everyone else, I think used is the best way to go.. it's so much better for the money because even if it's used and a little older you will get SO much more use out of it.

I just bought a Lovatt & Ricketts saddle used for $450 dollars and it is in FABULOUS shape. I also tried a Stubben and a Passier for $350 dollars (they were much older saddles but whoever owned them before took such good care of them that they were in great shape).

Maybe contact some of the tack shops in your area to see if any of them have anything used or if they know of a used tack consignment store.

Good luck in your search!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.