The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking we should have a list of the best types of saddles for women for the price. All over the forum the Derby original is a terrible saddle but rarely is there a place for the good ones. what do you think. should treeless be the saddle or choice? leather or synthetic?

For new riders where you buy and what is a great inexpensive saddle? We all come here for help I think this would be a great thread for all of us to include input.

So post your saddle of choice, its style (western, jumper, dressage, trail), brand, leather or not, tree or not, and price range. maybe where to buy as well.

thanks fellow riders

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Trista, first of all one can always look for the used one good brand. It'll be much cheaper then getting a new one. :wink:

I personally prefer leather + tree, but tastes differ. But I always go by one rule when I shop for the saddle (whether new or used): it must fit my horse and put me in correct balanced position.

If you tell me what is your range of "inexpensive" (that is very different for different people) I could post some english saddles brands.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks like this thread came for me just in time! Im Looking for a black western leather saddle with tree I would love to find one $500, $800 if its PERFECT! which i know is crazy pricing. I dont mind used or new as long as its a good fit and is good condition and quality. but idk about all the brands or where to look! HELP!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
help is always wanted!

Personally I use my instructors cwd close contact english saddle. ( its like butter!) As for inexpensive around our barn used saddles go for 200-500. leather+tree. mainly because the saddles sold fit the school horses. If I would be looking into a saddle i would buy an endurance custom built but right now I am a novice hunter/jumper so I stick to what the barn has.

this thread is to offer the wisdom about finding the right saddle for both horse and rider. We all just have to ask. And now what is wonderful is something is looking for a saddle in a budget so I hope you can offer her some advice. I know it will be very useful for other riders including me! thanks for your thoughts.

Trista, first of all one can always look for the used one good brand. It'll be much cheaper then getting a new one. :wink:

I personally prefer leather + tree, but tastes differ. But I always go by one rule when I shop for the saddle (whether new or used): it must fit my horse and put me in correct balanced position.

If you tell me what is your range of "inexpensive" (that is very different for different people) I could post some english saddles brands.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Abetta?

What is your take on the comfort level on the abetta all purpose english saddle? its inexpensive and they make nice western saddles but what about the english line?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started on craigslist. I also have found you can get a western in your price range if you are ok with synthetic. I ride both english and western an as long as the horse and i are comfortable then I don't think it matters what the saddle is made out of. one of my best barrel saddles was a synthetic.

to look for deals shop ebay and saddles you may like just go read review on the web to get an idea on quality. I have also found the more detailed you are the harder it is. So cast a wide net and you may just find the perfect saddle for you

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
What is your take on the comfort level on the abetta all purpose english saddle? its inexpensive and they make nice western saddles but what about the english line?
I've NEVER heard or seen the Abeeta english saddle. Could you post the link, please?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Thank you for the link! IMHO new for just $226 pretty much guarantee it's a junk. Even for synthetic. Wintec english is $500 and up new (I just checked horse.com). Also there is a reason English Abetta is not sold by any respected store I can think of. So personally I'd stay away.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I love the wintecs with equisuede I have for prin wintec 2000 with flock and wintec Isabelle with cair both "old" model. The old wintec 500 sits me amazingly!! But my boss had the isabelle for sale and that was just as good and had equisuede.

I feel with equisuede and sticky bums my **** ain't moving

Ellas saddle is a 2000 with cair that I brought fully mounted quite used (run marks etc) but structurally in perfect condition for 330 inc postage AUD.

Prins were both about 600 ( her ap I got 4 yrs ago)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I ended up buying a wintec AP saddle and im in love. the owner rarely used it so it was just collecting dust at the house. She gave me a cair girth and the webbers. I think i will pick up another pair of webbers but how do i know what size to get?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.