The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thought I'd share a few more pictures of Sage. I just took these today and for the most part they turned out alright. It wasn't too bright this time. She was happy to be turned out in the round pen. I think in some of the pictures her eye looks like an Alien eye or something. I really don't care for that too much but oh well.

She is sooooo shiney right now. Everyone comments on how nice she's coming along. Makes me happy as I've spent many of hours brushing her. lol She is also very well muscled. I'm getting a little nervous about our quarter horse show but I'm sure everything will go ok. This is just for exposure and she's green so I don't have too hight of expectations for her. We've recently been working on halter. That is a new ball game for her too.

Thank you for looking.

Turned Loose In The Round Pen.

Alien Eye.

Love This Picture Because You Can See Her Muscles.

Relaxed Extended Trot.

Just Tooling Around.

Watching The Buffalo.

Thinking About Coming In.

Or Not.

·
Registered
803 Posts
What a gorgeous horse, such a unique and beautiful color! Your photos are wonderful, so clear and vibrant! I wish you lived locally, I'd love to get some professional shots of my guy!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She is sooooooo beautiful! If she disappears, I did not do it!!! Teheheheheh! :D

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I wouldnt call it an alien eye, maybe just a little bitty bit pig eyed, but she is still a lovely girl! She is coming along beautifully!

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
what is "alien eyed?" stunning horse

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
<drool> She's so lovely!!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I love her, alien eye and all.... what exactly is her coloring called? And what color do you show in? I bet she would look amazing in a lighter turquoise or even a sage or lime green. Drool/swoon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love her, alien eye and all.... what exactly is her coloring called? And what color do you show in? I bet she would look amazing in a lighter turquoise or even a sage or lime green. Drool/swoon.
I Agree!! She is beautiful! And those colors would look fantastic on her. :D

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
She's a grulla (black dun) and a particularily stunning example at that! I adore grulla's but it can be a tricky color, as it comes in many shades and I've seen some really "less then appealing" shades. She's that perfect minted silver color, she's absolutely breathtaking!

Love her conformation as well, she's so lean and sleek, is she racing bred? My kind of horse!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Lookin good!!! Wish I had a huge round pen like that!!! I'm jealous! Lol!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You can blame me if she goes missing. LOL. Stunning horse. I agree with Mikolaj, she grulla.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you. I haven't been on here in a few days.

Sage is a grulla, as stated a black based dun. She isn't alien eyed or pig eyed. She has dark around her eyes and the lighting made them look a little funky. lol

I use turqoise for her show colors. She's actually not very lean at all. She had just recently turned three in these pictures and was shedded out completely too. She is 95.0% foundation quarter horse. She's about 15.0/15.1 and weighs about 1,000 pounds. I just measured her to get blanket for her. She wears a 78 now.

Her pedigree.
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/nu+star+in+hollywood

These are recently pictures.

These are a few with her show colors.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I think what they meant by lean was how good of shape she's in. Nice and muscley!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts