The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone thought I'd update you on Sage. She did great considering.

She placed third in her halter class. She had to go in mares three and up. There were about fifteen horses. I was very surprised because most of the horses were aged mares and quite a few halter bred looking ones. She didn't quite square up and my fault on not trotting her in a straight line but all in all it went well. Her halter my mom bought the night before last minute thing. I was at work and couldn't try it on her. Wouldn't you go figure that it was too small and I didn't have another halter other than purple and black. Then I remembered I had a leather punch. I made it work for the one class. As you can see it is too small. lol

Next was walk trot pleasure and equiation. These classes were HUGE. They had the push button aged horses in it. We didn't place but I was happy with her. Alot of kind of rude people riding horses that obviously never showed before because they rode right up on our butt and then were almost standing on top of us at the line up. I wasn't too impressed but Sage did great.

She was nice and quiet the entire time. She got a little bored and annoyed while waiting for the equitation class and pawed a few times. Other than no yelling and screaming or acting like a dink. In fact there were tons of people asking what I bought her from, where I got her and were very surprised she was only a two year old.

Our trail class was outside. It was very very windy. She had opened a few gates but not very often. That was a little rough but we got it done. Next was to trot over some rails. She did so so on that. Clipped them and missed two of them. We had to back through a clover leaf barrel setup that was fairly small. She did good. We kind of paused to move her hindend a bit. Then trot to a square box. Make a half circle and walk through the box. That went well but she clipped the rails. She wasn't paying too much attention. There were horses being worked fifty feet away. The mail box went good no problem. Stood there like a champ. Next was the bridge. She's never been over one nor has she seen one. She stepped up on it and then off the side. I backed her up and let her sniff the bridge then asked her to walk on it. She did it without a second thought. I stopped her for a second before finishing the course by walking through rails.

The judge was very happy with how she did for a two year old. She said that she could see we were a very compatible team and that we have a very bright future together. Gave me a few pointers on things to work on and said hope to see us at the next show.

So all in all I'm very very happy with her. It was a great experience and she enjoyed it too. Here are acouple other pictures I took while at the show. Thank you for looking.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Awesome pictures! Sage looked great, even though she was sportin' a too-small halter :) Glad she did so well, sounds like a lot of fun!!!

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
If she is only two how did you end up in a 3 and older class?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.

She went in the three and up class because she will be three in May and thats what I was told by the folks there she had to go in.

She did very well and I'm happy with how she acted.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Oh, that makes sense. She is 3 in the eyes of the breed and show world. I thought she was a 2yo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts