The Horse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I wanted to update on Sage. Last week I took her to the vet to have her teeth x-rayed. Everything came back ok. He couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. The lumps on her jaw he reassured me would go away. He said the teeth are so long that they have no-where to go so the jaw compensates until they move into place.

I had mentioned that I researched that she could have a guttural pouch infection. There were no signs. I showed him a picture of the snotty nose and he said we better scope her. After sedating her three different times we finally got her flushed. She would get light enough that we had five people at one point helping. It went smooth for the most part. He's doing a culture and I'm still waiting to hear back, hopefully next week.

She is on antibiotics again. SMZ's twice daily. The last two months I've given thirty-five days worth of antibiotics. I'm getting tired of them just as much as she is. She is a real trooper. It's now to the point that she is hunting for the syringe of meds because she knows she'll get a little grain afterwards. When the culture is back we'll know if they antibiotics are strong enough to do the trick. He said we might need to flush her one more time. I'm hoping this will be it. The bill was only two hundred and seventy-five dollars. Not near as bad as I was expecting. haha
These are some pictures from last week a few days before her appointment. Nasty nose.

Feeling Good.

Going To Check Out The Cats On The Vending Machine.

Standing In The Morning Sun After Being Groomed.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She's a lovely girl! Hope you get things sorted out soon!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts