The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear, what are you all doing? anything juicy going on? anything crazy happen today? you expecting anything good this week?

I'm at work. Had most of the day off but now at work and will be until late tonight. Going to give me a good 8 hours on the forum while I'm here :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmm...I'm gonna try to get 2 guys numbers tonight!!!! wish me luck!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Well... not really juicy or anything... but...

I am an idiot. I have officially decided that. I went for MONTHS thinking that my super comfy, super nice Albion Legend 5000 dressage saddle did not fit Demi. I knew it didn't fit Uma as she is really wide. But Demi didn't seem to like it after a couple of rides, so I stopped using it in July (about a month after I bought her). So today, my mom and I were talking about how I really need to sell it because the only horse it fits is the retired one who doesn't really need a saddle anymore. I need the billets replaced on it then we can sell it for some pretty pennies.

I decided to take it for one more ride, to make sure that I wanted to sell it. I put the saddle pad, fluffy Roma pad, and the saddle on Demi and I see once again that it just doesn't fit right. "Hmm" I'm thinking to myself "What if I just take the Roma pad off?". So I do. VOILA! IT FITS! And, Demi doesn't throw a fit under saddle which means it's fitting better. I'm SO used to using a fluffy pad on her because my other saddle is a medium wide that I never considered it in the months that I've been struggling to do dressage in my close contact that the solution was in the lack of fluffy pad.

IDIOT.

Link to what my saddle looks like. WHY would I want to sell it?!?!: http://www.transitionsdressage.com/images/bitsysaddle.jpg

Getting the billets replaced and using it :D

There ya go.

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts
Oh that happens, eventerdrew :wink:.

I had a great but physically exhausting riding lesson today and now my a bit sore body is reminding me of that. Anyways, I had a great night with my friends after that.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Nothing juicy here either. :(

Right now I'm exhausted and trying to find the motivation to go out dancing tonight. I think I overdid it today. One hour yoga, one hour at SNAP, cleaned out the top layer of manure out of the shed, rode, and trimmed front hooves. My body hates me right now. Maybe some caffiene will help? Or a bed.

The man-creature and I were supposed to have a fun night together, but I think I'm just going to send him out coyote hunting and go to bed early. My age must finally be catching up with me, LOL.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I was SO. MAD.

10 months in a close contact and struggling to fix my position and i find out that my solution was in my tack room??!!! I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is some juicy stuff on here, be careful with those boys!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I''ve got a sick lil boy tonight so not going anywhere. 'Sides, I only threw the (EX) fiance out 14 days ago so really not ready to jump back into the dating scene yet! I'm with MNTigerstripes. As much as I love to go dancing - I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to a 9 pm bedtime. (getting up four times a night to check the barn really adds to feeling sleepy!) That makes me feel incredibly old *lol* Maybe I'll dig out the ol' copper moka pot and brew a nice espresso instead of the regular joe.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I sat at home all day waiting for a call from my brother to tell me his dog had puppies. How pathetic is that? I'm excited because we're getting one, but haven't heard yet...

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I'll take a decaf coffee so I can sleep tonight.
Busy day, spent a couple hours researching the history of a wilderness park I'm on a committee trying to save. From there grabbed a quick lunch with Don and then scooted to a friends house to discuss aspects of the park.

Got a "date" tomorrow with Don and our friends. Will make a GPS map of the park roads and trails along with the historic sites there. Should be a blast, plus taking as many pictures of the road / trail conditions and sites as possible. Was going to take care of my granddaughter tomorrow, but little peanut has pneumonia!

I'm actually ready for bed now! I'm with you MN Tigerstripes, my age is really showing itself in my energy level right now! :lol:

Thanks for the coffee, hope you all have a good night!

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Well, I drank a couple of Red Bulls and went out. I feel pretty good today, but I was so wiped last night it wasn't as fun as it could've been. We went to Hairball. They were good, but REALLY loud. Both Phil and I were ready to leave after about 1-2 hrs. I am getting old.... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.