The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volunteered today at Equine Voices and boy were we short handed today!
It was also really chilly, so we worked kind of slow. Anyways, it's been raining a lot here in AZ and the corrals were just a mess. You couldn't tell mud from crap. We finally got everything done around 1 or 2 and I had to then move horses around. Anyways, I was bringing Nick form the round pen and he bolted on me and his rear hoof smacked the back of my leg. HE continued to flip out and bolt and his back hoof smacked my other leg. My legs are really sore but in the end he got in his stall safely, the trainers gonna have to start working with him on that!

This is the boy that flipped out!

I saved a dog today! These people who own and run a tack and feed store near the rescue called and told us that if we didn't come get this dog that someone had dropped off at their store, they would shot it. So me and Kristin drove over there and got the little guy. He is so cute, he looks a lot like Snoopy so that's what we named him. I'm fostering him right now and hopefully someone can adopt him!

Some others:

Mikey!

Smokey Joe

Me, Smokey, and Snoopy(I've lost 10pds so far!! :D)

Me and Taylor, she has to go into surgery again on Feb. 9.

I'll get pics of my bruises tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What happened to him? Did he get burnt? Nice shots : )
Yea. He was in a barn fire 4 years ago and a 'rescue' took him in and never treated him. Equine Voices got him in Spet. and he's doing a lot better!

Thank you!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Okay, I'll take one "Smokey Joe" and a "Snoopy". JK (hubby would kill me!)

I think Smokey Joe is gorgeous. Do you know what breed he is? Some sort of draft cross?

That pup is too cute. Can't you guys just keep him with the horses?

Oh, and excellent job with the weight loss.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I'll take one "Smokey Joe" and a "Snoopy". JK (hubby would kill me!)

I think Smokey Joe is gorgeous. Do you know what breed he is? Some sort of draft cross?

That pup is too cute. Can't you guys just keep him with the horses?

Oh, and excellent job with the weight loss.
lol no Smokey Joe is a BLM Mustang, he's in his mid-20's now.

Thank you, I wish but the ranch already has to many dogs!

Thank you! :D

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah! He got a good home! :D
Yea I'm happy too, but I miss him.

The lady who got him goes down to Mexico and saves dogs, so she's one awesome lady!! :D

·
Banned
593 Posts
Uhm what the heck is going on with 'smokey joe's' hooves......

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uhm what the heck is going on with 'smokey joe's' hooves......
He was rescued from a guy who just starved him to almost death and took no care of him at all. When Equine Voices got him, his hooves looked like elf shoes. They trimmed them down and took x-rays and it showed that his coffin bone actually curled over to so his hooves are going to look like that for his whole life. Poor guy.:(

·
Banned
593 Posts
wow. ive never heard of that before. interesting. poor old man.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea it is interesting, but he's doing a lot better. This is what he looked like at his old 'home'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts