The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dog Conner is at the vets getting X-rays and tests. He thinks he may have a mass on his liver. He has been sick and not eating all weekend.
He is the father of all my puppies and my Husbands best buddy. He was his little fishing companion for many years. He's not very old only 11 but he's an intact male dog and we know that is a life shortener.
Im hoping its just a tummy upset but we just don't know till the vet calls.
Please say a prayer for out little dude-Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
aww i hope hes ok ! hes such a cutie !

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't pray, since I don't believe, but I will keep him in my thoughts and I shall think of him every day :-(
I hope he'll be better soon!
Losing a friend is so hard..

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Aww. Sometimes I think I should be adding my dog to my prayers. Hes having a hard time standing with his left leg. when he lifts his leg too urinate he falls over :-X. Hope your is fine.

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
Prayer said for Maureen's dog and for Sillybunny's as well.

(Nice catch of Crappies btw)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Aww! He will be in my prayers! *hugs* to the little guy.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Awww Maureen, all my prayers and thoughts are going to you, your hubby and you poor little pooch. Hope all news come back positive *BIG HUG*

·
Registered
162 Posts
give him a scratch on the belly from me and know that he is in my thoughts and prayers

·
Registered
987 Posts
I will pray that everything comes back good for Connor.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Maureen, any news or updates? :-(

not liking the quietness of this thread...

·
Super Moderator
26,560 Posts
Poor puppy. I love scotties. My most beloved childhood dog was a scottie named Angus. In fact the best of show for the nation right now is a scottie.

I hope he's ok. I'll pray for you.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We had to put Conner down this morning. He had a large mass on his liver and it was beginning to stop functioning. We took him outside of the vets office. There was a light mist coming down and it was a quiet, painless passing. We told him what a good boy he was and he was gone.
He had a good life and went everywhere with my husband. He fished from Kansas to the coast of N. Carolina, north to Iowa and many places in between. He loved anywhere that my husband was and the fishing was good.
He was the one waiting for me when I came in the gate and walked to the house from the barn. He always stayed at my side. We had gone to puppy school for a few lessons and to heel is one he never forgot. I would stop and give him some pets and tell him what a good boy he was every morning.
He has left a large hole in our lives, though he filled many with his offspring. His puppies have given love to many people including us.
RIP little dude, your a good boy :cry:

·
Super Moderator
26,560 Posts
Sweet puppy. I am sorry.

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
I'm so sorry for you and Tony, Maureen. When we put down my best buddy, Max the Chocolate Lab, we had him cremated and eventually took him back home in a cherrywood box. The box is in the family room so it's like he is still there and I can talk to him.

·
Super Moderator
22,659 Posts
I'm sorry for your and your husband's loss, Mauree :sad:.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.