Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Yesterday Mozart went to the rescue and I feel like there is a hole in my heart. I know its for the better but it was still really hard to say goodbye. I didn't have him for long and the majority of the time he was lame, but I still bonded with him, everyone did. He was the kindest soul I've ever seen and he had a way of cheering me up. Every time I would cry near him he would nuzzle my tears and let me wrap my arms around his head. He didn't care as long as I was happier.

He went to the rescue because of a weird bacteria that we have been fighting for 8 months now. My vet and I have tried so many different things and I couldn't afford the better treatments so he went to someone who could get him the best care possible. My vet is actually going to be working with the rescues vet to make sure that Mozart gets the best care. See even she's attached to him. He's also an amazing hunter under saddle horse and was becoming a jumper as well. Been to two shows and did amazing at both, the judges love him.

The rescue normally only takes retired horses but they took Mozart (who is only 6) because he was going to have to be put down if I didn't find him a home. But because he is so young, after he's healed they will most likely rehome him and I have asked to be the first person to know if he was leaving the rescue, because I might be in position to take him back.

Anyway, I just felt like I needed to talk about it a little. I feel better now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think that you have made the best decision for the horse and it takes a truly selfless person to do that.You have made the right decision for Mozart.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.