The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official now. Jack is no longer mine. From the very start, he was a rescue, rehab, and rehome case. I never planned on having him long term. I never even planned on having him for a year and yet I ended up having him a year and a half lol.

This boy helped me so much. Sure I helped him get over his fears and give him a solid foundation to continue life with, but he helped me just as much. He helped me to regain my confidence and just bring me comfort when I needed it most. He always made me laugh nearly every time I was with him. Everyone who's met him falls in love with him.

But now that he's ready, he's going to his new forever home. I was careful about who I let take him and I found the perfect lady for him. She took him on a 2 week trial to make sure they really did get along and here are a few things she's told me during it.

"Love him. So. Freaking. much." ---- "There's no way I'm bringing him back (3 heart emojies)" ------ "I'm in complete love with him." ------ "He makes my heart ful <3" ------ "I feel like he's my partner and we are going to have a long and meaningful relationship <3"
And so on.

So ya, he's found a good home. I'm happy for them and she's sent me some videos and pictures and he definitely seems to be thriving with her. It makes me happy to hear someone else feel the joy of being with him that I had and also proud of how he's proving to be a great horse who'll continue to live a good prosperous life.
From this point on, he's no longer mine and sadly, there will most likely be no more updates in regards to him. But the lady and I are friends on FB now so I'll be able to still see his progress and how's doing from time to time which is nice.

Pics were taken by the new owner and were sent to me.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Happy trails Jack! Were you ever able to find out if he was a Morgan? That photo on the left could be on the cover of the Morgan Horse magazine :grin: Hope he and his new partner have many long, happy years together!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't think of it as goodbye, I would think of it as, Yay, you got a great, new, loving home! OP, you made someone very very happy, you rock!
I agree, I don't really think of it as a full goodbye either. I'm friends with the lady on FB now so I'll still be able to see how he's doing. And thanks, glad you think so lol.

Happy trails Jack! Were you ever able to find out if he was a Morgan? That photo on the left could be on the cover of the Morgan Horse magazine :grin: Hope he and his new partner have many long, happy years together!
Unfortunately I didn't ever find out. Everyone at his new home thinks he's a Morab lol. I think it'll forever be a mystery until the lady decides to do a DNA test on him

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that rehabbing a horse and finding its perfect match are the most selfless thing a person can do. It has to be heart wrenching to see them go - but rewarding to. Congratulations to you both! You are a wonderful person!
Thanks. And it actually wasn't hard to see him go since I know he's with the person he's meant for. Makes it a million times easier to let them go when you know they're going to the home that they suits them best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts