The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a horses leg scab over? ginger has two old bows on both fronts and they both have a bump in the middle of the tendon and they scab.. its gross... ive cleaned them for the last year and a half. she actually looses the hair there. any ideas? i'll get pix today

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Maybe due to the treatment she was given at the time of bows??? I dunno. Sorry. I do know that more frequent / shorter trimming will help cure that crack on her toe though. That horizontal notch isn't only weakens the wall.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well half of that hoof already cracked off thats why its so short already.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
It's not short now -- there is still substantial flaring. If you are interested in a critique from people about her feet, take pics (side pic level on cement if possible, repost the front pic and a solar pic).

Is that scabbing consistent or does it change ever?

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
always the same on the front theyve actually oozed and bled before. the ones on the back are chalky and little scabs as you can see in the pics.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Wierd. Sounds like a constant irritation on the fronts. Has a vet had a look? I would ask the vet to look at it next time (s)he's out.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the back scabs are a fungus some one said its from the pee splashing up. the fronts idk. when the vet comes im going to have him look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.