The Horse Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the top of each thread there is a drop down that says "search this thread". When I try to use it I get the following error. Is this expected or is this a bug?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,954 Posts
I saw this post and thought I would give it a try as well. I picked a random thread and received the same error.

Reactions: AndyTheCornbread

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any word on if they will fix this? I still see it occurring every time I try to use the thread search functionality.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I tried it too, and I learned that if the word you are searching is not found in the thread, you will not get that error -- it will just take you to a page that says the word wasn't found. If the word WAS found, you will get the DB error message.
@Admin_Yungster in case it helps...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn't error anymore but it also doesn't work consistently.

E.g. pick a word like "Gymkhana" from this thread: https://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/help-unbalanced-rider-806241/ where you can see the first post has that exact word and run the search. It gives me no results when I do that.

It seems to be hit or miss with what it finds.

Take for instance this thread: https://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/going-distance-my-endurance-adventures-711762/

The journal owner frequently mentions a friend named "Kathy" and on page 216 of the thread that name is mentioned 4 different times, yet if I search that thread for the word "Kathy" without the quotes I get no results.

In both cases I get a page that has the following message in it:

The following errors occurred with your search:
1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

·
Administrator
36,209 Posts
When I did an advanced search for Kathy it just came up with your post in this thread in the results

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I did an advanced search for Kathy it just came up with your post in this thread in the results
Yes, it seems to be hit or miss, some threads it works on, other threads it doesn't return as many posts as you would expect and in other cases it returns no results even though the word is in the thread.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
I've got a similar problem as @AndyTheCornbread is describing, and right at this moment. The advanced search function has stopped working for me pretty much at all. I do keyword searches and they come up with nothing or next to nothing; even trying it on names of my horses who are mentioned umpteen times this happened. I have to search the site externally using Google site search at the moment; of course that's not specific enough to be able to narrow it down to things like your own long-as-your-arm journal when you're trying to find stuff in it...

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
I've got a similar problem as @AndyTheCornbread is describing, and right at this moment. The advanced search function has stopped working for me pretty much at all. I do keyword searches and they come up with nothing or next to nothing; even trying it on names of my horses who are mentioned umpteen times this happened. I have to search the site externally using Google site search at the moment; of course that's not specific enough to be able to narrow it down to things like your own long-as-your-arm journal when you're trying to find stuff in it...
...and it's never worked for me at all, since posting the above... is it permanently broken?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This worked for me this morning on the one thread I tried it on but the results were incomplete so I think they must have not got to this yet.

·
Administrator
3,304 Posts
Hello,

Unfortunately there's still no news on a fix regarding this issue.
We'll give you all aheads up once this is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts