The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering about what your view was on this subject... Ummm, well, do you ride with your period? And what lengths do you go to make it comfortable? Like do you wear pads or tampons... Just curious!! :) It is very personal - so you don't have to answer okay? :-|

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
yeah i do i just use tampons, sometimes a light pad as well

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I use either one, depends on how I'm feeling. Riding distracts me from the discomfort.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I use tampons, I hate pads, esp while riding.
Haha, I actually don't ride during that time of the month, I just get so sensitive. So if someone in the barn even looks at me wrong or says "whats up" I just start crying my eyes out. =/ yeahhh...

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
Of course or else I would have never ridden. Some times pad, some times tampon.

Riding helped relax muscles that were having cramping issues etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tampons always. No matter what I am doing. Alwaysbehind makes a good point about the relaxation of those muscles but sometimes I just don't feel like doing much of anything let alone go out to the barn and ride.

·
Super Moderator
26,534 Posts
I use whatever I happen to use that day... I don't ever notice a discomfort....

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If I can help it, I don't ride at all. Because if I ever ride, I'll be riding on the trail and it's not like you can just run to the bathroom every 30 seconds if you need to O_O

I'll usually just stay at home and lunge Sunny, or clean his stall, or do some ground work. Keeps my mind off everything unpleasant.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tampax Sport

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like most people use tampons... :O Would have thought more people use pads... I use pads! :) Uh

·
Registered
146 Posts
I never let my period stop me from riding. Usually I wear pads because that's what I'm more comfortable with, but sometimes tampons as well.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never let my period stop me from riding. Usually I wear pads because that's what I'm more comfortable with, but sometimes tampons as well.
Yeah i agree with you most. :) But i actually have never tryed tampons... Freaky huh? :shock:

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Most times, not riding during that time isn't an option. I could never get by with just a pad, my flow is too heavy. I used to use tampons and a light pad together but now I use a Diva Cup and pad instead of a tampon. Much more comfortable. The pad is just in case I can't get to a bathroom the instant that I need to empty the cup, sometimes my bathroom breaks have to wait until I am at a stopping place. LOL.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well since my job is riding I can't really not turn up to work one week a month now can I?! LOL I use tampons - its just easier, especially when I'm on horse after horse after horse - and they are young horses so I end up in some strange positions.
I always have one heavy day so I plan my pill to have that on one of my days off on the weekend (and f I'm competing I plan it for the other day) just to make things easier on myself

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have this amazing thing called the Diva's Cup. It is great. I don't feel it at all. You can keep it in for 12 hours with no problem. It can be gross at first, but not anymore gross than a tampon. At least that's how I feel. It is much more comfortable to wear the cup than tampons or a pad. The tampon seems to rub on the inside and hurts. The pad gets all bunchy and you can get major leaks. In all honesty, I never feel the cup at all. It does take some practice on getting it in and taking it out, but sooooo much more comfortable and totally worth it.

Here's the website: Home - The DivaCup, an innovative menstrual cup the best alternative to Tampons and Pads

If you have any questions, I have no problem with answering them.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't really notice discomfort that much, unless I'm working with one that's bucking and acting a fool. (just like a couple weeks ago...lol) I just ignore it. I wear a pad and tampon so that I don't have to worry about leaks or anything.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I don't let my period change my life. Besides, I can't exactly just not ride for 1 weeks every month. I only use pads, I really don't notice it while I ride. Actually, excercising during your period is healthy, I always feel better after a ride or at least a long walk

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.