Votes: 1 8.3%

Votes: 3 25.0%

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The theme for this month is "the black beauty of my life". So, as the name says, you can participate with a photo of your black horse, or a black horse who changed your life, probably for good.

Please enter your one photo as a reply to this thread.

After the entry deadline of September 18 2019, the thread will be closed and a poll will be put up as a way for voting.

Have fun!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
This is Pepper. He spent most of his life taking good care of novice riders at the barn I rode for before I retired. When Pepper was retired from riding, his calm disposition made him a perfect match for my pack horse demonstrations at 18th century historic sites.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Here is Pony, also called Pony-Wony, Pone-Wone, Pony Macaroni (he's very bendy), Naughty Pony, Good Pony, and Pone Alone (because he would rather be where the action is than where the other horses are).

Pony is the one who started it all for me. I bought him when I was just a new rider and didn't know better than to buy a green horse. Then my daughter wanted her own horse. Then after a while someone gave us Teddy. But without Pony none of that would have happened. He has taught me so much. He's friendly, fun, naughty, happy, annoying, smart, awesome, stubbon, pushy, handsome, dominant, and laid-back. And, importantly, very forgiving! He has given me lots of instant feedback when I made pretty much every beginnger mistake, on the ground and in the saddle, and he's always come back for more.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Luna the Mustang - 2008

This is my favorite pix of her and Matt:

This was for the 2009 Western States Mustang Challenge - they had 90 days to gentle and ride their horse in a competition. Look at my Journal on Tiger Lilly - Matt's new mustang competition horse. At least with her, he has a year!

Some other pix of Luna:

·
Super Moderator
22,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The poll has been set up! Please vote!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts