The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back I was buying fabric to sew onto my horse's halters to customize them myself. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and what was their technique. I don't know really anything about sewing and when I was working on my project my fingers were killing me and I was going back and forth between sewing into the nylon halter or just sewing the fabric together on the inside.
If anyone has any suggestions on materials and techniques that can make this easier to do please share. There is nothing on the internet so figured this may be a good place to ask.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
What material is the halter made out of? Most of them are pretty dense, so sewing may be hard do do. Sewing the fabric on the inside may make it hard to keep in place. I would try some type of glue that works on your halter. Yes it will look horrible when it starts to fall off, but you can always glue a new piece of material on top. That way you can always update your look.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
At first when I read you were trying to sew on fabric all I could think was how difficult that would be. But if you were using trim material like fancy ribbons or that sort of thing glue would be the way to go. A person could get pretty creative, really.
Post some photos when the jobs are done. This would be a great project for kids!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.