Thanks lol

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
you can, but I don't

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
You can. It is a good idea to do a spot test first though to see if your horse will have a reaction. Use a bit on her shoulder or something and rinse it then wait 24hrs and see if all looks normal.

Equine shampoos are BETTER for the horse but I have used suave on occasion.
Mane and Tail is really cheap and good for horses and people.

·
Registered
958 Posts
If it's not made for animals/horses I would at least dilute it. Shampoos tend to be stronger then nessesary anyhow. Even on human heads.

I used to use mane & tail on my hair, far before I was around horses. I just liked it, and it was cheap. lol I've also used dog shampoo on my hair. :oops:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Think about it.A horse stands outside in all kinds of weather,Has lived outside for hundreds of years,And you are worried about a reaction from Shampoo? Buy whats cheap & go at it.:wink:

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Think about it.A horse stands outside in all kinds of weather,Has lived outside for hundreds of years,And you are worried about a reaction from Shampoo? Buy whats cheap & go at it.:wink:
uh, last time I checked rain and snow don't have harsh chemicals in them

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys just making sure there wasnt like a chemical in it that wil kill horses and not people! lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not so sure about that, Sure wouldn't want to drank the rain, or eat the snow these day's.LOL
Me too. lol. I men the snow is sometimes black and rainwater doesn't look to appetizing.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I used to use Mane and Tail alot, and now use alot of the dog products I use as a dog\cat groomer on my horse...ones that have few chemicals, and no dyes, lanolins, etc. I don't, however, usually use human products on my pets; horses included...personal preference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts