The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I clean my geldings' sheaths, I feel like I'm not getting everything out. The smegma usually comes out in tiny bits, like the size of a pencil eraser, and there's usually around 20-30 of them. But when I reach up in there again, I feel like there's still a bunch of nastiness in there. Thing is, I can't really get it. It just kind of is... mushy, I guess? And even when I try to scrape it off, it won't come out. How can I make sure I get everything?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Everyone has their own different methods depending on their own horses. With mine, I find a good coating of baby oil one he has it all dangling out, leave it for a day and then go back to him with a wipe and wipe any excess residue the best for me. Everything falls clean off and he doesn't mind me squirting it on him.

I do this every couple of months or so as he does get very dirty down there. Some people don't need to do it for months.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
That's how my experiences have been. Despite my horse having no troubles "down there" I have cleaned his sheath (seemingly) thoroughly per instructions using Excalibur only to look a few days later and see it still looking not particularly clean. Since this horse had gone many years without getting his sheath touched, I'm not about to start cleaning it every couple of days ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.