The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're selling this guy, just wanted to know what you think of him, and what you would expect the price to be :)

This Oldenburg gelding is 15.3 hh and we expect him to finish out at around 16hh. He was born in May 2007. He is very gentle with everyone, loads, clips, hauls, and stands for the farrier. Halter broke, of course. He weighed exactly 1,020 lbs when I put him on the scale last night.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
he is gorgeous :)
how old is he ?
Considering he isnt broke i would say around 3,000, if he was than i would say about 5,000.
JMHO, Im not sure but in the first photo he looks abit butt high, but that could just be where he is standing.
I really like his face, and his long neck, and throatlatch.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
he is gorgeous :)
how old is he ?
Considering he isnt broke i would say around 3,000, if he was than i would say about 5,000.
JMHO, Im not sure but in the first photo he looks abit butt high, but that could just be where he is standing.
I really like his face, and his long neck, and throatlatch.
His coloring makes him look butt high in the first picture. He was born in 2007, so he is 2. His bloodline is Sempatico x Faberge' , that should help if anyone knows the breed :) Video Here:
http://www.avalon-equine.com/shenandoa.html

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Whoah - that is one nice horse. Here in AUS, with that movement (don't know about breeding) and that colour, you would be looking at close to $10,000 I think.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, thanks. We're proud of our horses. We're asking $11,500 :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
^ that seem's like a very fair price, considering his confirmation is very well, and he is already that tall at 2 years and an oldenburg ! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a heads up, the video says $11K, not $11,500.

He's definitely not worth that much, way too untalented and homely. I think you should give up trying to sell him and just send him out to me. ;-)

To be serious, if I had the money I'd drop that amount on him in a heartbeat, and given that I'd have to ship him to NJ. I don't even know what to say about his movement. He's fabulous! That definitely an awesome dressage horse waiting to happen. Heck, he'd be a great hunter, too. I think he's the best horse I've seen in this section since I joined this board.

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
Wow, he is stunning.

His movement is ......also stunning, especially the degree of suspension at the trot.

He is also an incredibly mature 2 year old. I don't see the butt high in the video, I see a very correct and capable athlete.

I am a big fan of Sempatico and Frohwind bloodlines.

I normally would have a hard time paying that much money for a two year old, but for him I would make an exception.

I am not one of those people that cares about color to the exclusion of other traits, but realistically, with his color he'd stand out in the hunters, and get pinned above similar moving bays and chestnuts because he'd stand out and make an impression with the judges. Color might not influence a dressage judge, but they'd sure remember him!

I think the price is very reasonable. In a bull market, I think you could get 20K.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, everyone!!
We are very proud of our horses, and have spent many years learning and striving for a higher-quality horse.

Your compliments mean alot, thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.