The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is looking into shipping her horse from Hawaii to California. I've been trying to help her but we aren't finding any information. Has anyone ever shipped a horse before? It's preferred that he flies, not shipped by boat but any information on either method would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, do horses adapt pretty well when moved like that? I know my boy came from Canada to Hawaii six years ago but he was obviously well adapted by the te I saw him. Just curious because Cali is a lot more dry than Hawaii could this pose a problem?

Thank you in advance for any advice, you guys are great!!!!

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I cant remember the company right now, but if you contact Equine 808 and get in touch with the Director, she shipped 12? horses last year by boat and 2 around christmas by plane so she could give you the names of the companies she used.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Subbing! I'd like to hear about this because I may end up shipping my horse depending on how far from home I take him for college.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I know there's a company that has a plane that only flies horses, trainers, and grooms. And there's quite a few companies that fly horses. I remember talking about it with the driver who shipped my horse. They deal with high end horses almost exclusively so they pull horses out of quarantine (from being imported) and from the planes.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
259 Posts
My horse was shipped by Brooksledge. They brought her in a semi that was awesome! I know they fly horses as well. Just google them. They ship high end to pasture pets!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Equine 808 is the horse rescue on Oahu that I worked at for a couple years. The founder/director moved to CO last year with I think 11/12 of the horses. She sent most of them by boat, and 2 she shipped by plane since they were older and she thought they might have problems in the boat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts