The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shirley came back home from the breeders on Saturday and she looks as good as ever!
She was boarded with another mare and her foal and she was like a sister to the both of them. Since I moved Athena to my house, Shirley's been kinda lonely but my grandparents are looking into getting her a couple goats or minis or possibly a donkey or mule to give her some company.
Can't wait for the vet to come out in the next few weeks to see if she is officially pregnant or not *fingers crossed*

*Just as note, she was not in her actual pasture in these pics. My grandparents five her free roam of the yard when their outside, she sticks by my grandfather anyways, he did only raise her since she was a weanling*

Face of an angel

She likes the bitties

I'm finally getting around to expanding Athena's pasture, and she seems to really appreciate it!

One of our favorite fields to ride around

Pit stop :)

We also like the woods

After our ride

Video of us coming from the back field

Little Chole, who is 8 months old I believe!

And just for the heck of it, my cousins and I were all out fishing when a Mocassin decided to make a guest appearance, so being the brave men they are they ran, jumped on the truck, and grabbed the gun..boys :lol:

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Great pics....Shirley and Athena look great and are as adorable as ever!! Keep us updated with Shirley ;)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pics....Shirley and Athena look great and are as adorable as ever!! Keep us updated with Shirley ;)
I defiantly will, so anxious about the vet coming out.

Reactions: csimkunas6

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I defiantly will, so anxious about the vet coming out.
How could you not be? Ive been stuck watching a few mares on marestare, and friend's horse like nonstop, couldnt imagine if the pregnant mare was actually owned by me! lmao....who is she possibly bred to again?

·
Registered
6,800 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
ohh :shock: i dont like snakes, well big ones garden snakes and what ever are fun to catch. I'm glad we dont have big snakes!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How could you not be? Ive been stuck watching a few mares on marestare, and friend's horse like nonstop, couldnt imagine if the pregnant mare was actually owned by me! lmao....who is she possibly bred to again?
The stud is Jade Forest, his sire is out of Storm Cat.
Here's a not so great picture of him:

They said the first few tries Shirley kicked his a** lol

ohh :shock: i dont like snakes, well big ones garden snakes and what ever are fun to catch. I'm glad we dont have big snakes!
Yeah we do not put up with poisionous snakes around here, especially when their hanging around where we do. Just killed a cotton mouth up by my barn.
It's the one thing about the hot weather that I hate!

Reactions: csimkunas6

·
Registered
994 Posts
yeah no kidding! ill shoot my bb gun at a cayote, if it was hanging around the horses or the dogs, but thats about it. well we do have things like cougar scares but i'd be watching from in the house if anyone decided to shoot at one lol.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha yeah I get what you mean about the cougar thing lol I would do the same!
Come to think of it actually, I found out our neighbor has a 250pd mountain lion he keeps in his barn which is only across the street from my horses barn. God forbid that thing gets loose, I don't care if he's a pet, if he shows up in my yard he will get shot at lol
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 11 of 11 Posts