The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
If your horse is sound on pavement and is not wearing down faster than it is growing then you can for sure ride on pavement barefoot.

Shod vs. not shod on pavement (which is what you asked I believe) of course the horse with out shoes will wear their feet some on the pavement where a shod horse will wear their shoes.

Some horses have rock hard feet and can do fine on pavement with our risk of wearing too much down. Others are not so lucky.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If your horse is sound on pavement and is not wearing down faster than it is growing then you can for sure ride on pavement barefoot.

Shod vs. not shod on pavement (which is what you asked I believe) of course the horse with out shoes will wear their feet some on the pavement where a shod horse will wear their shoes.

Some horses have rock hard feet and can do fine on pavement with our risk of wearing too much down. Others are not so lucky.
Thanks, AB. I kinda figured this was the case. Hugo has never been properly ridden so I don't think he's ever had shoes. I think I'm going to try barefoot and see how that goes. I try to live by the adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

·
Banned
12,825 Posts
I think seeing how he does barefoot is a great plan.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I think she and her friend were just trying to find a pattern and see if there was any scientific reasoning behind the one they found, which is why she was asking others their personal experience as well to either support or debunk it :)
Posted via Mobile Device
exactly thankyou:)

141 - 144 of 144 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.