The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my neighbor told me this evening that last night a bunch of teenaged kids that he has never seen, we're out shooting a 45 towards my barn and horse paddocks. He even heard a bullet ricochet off a metal post! :shock:so now I'm freaking out a little bit that this happened. Thankfully my neighbor ran them off( my husband and I were at a friends house when this happened). My horses are all fine, but still I'm a little uncomfortable now. We have not hard these kind of problems before, and I'm just lost.
Sorry I just needed to tell someone. Close calls are warnings

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Wow, yeah, I'd be very concerned too! The 1st step would be to make a police report a.s.a.p.- even if you or your neighbor have no clue who the teens are, at least if you ever have a problem like this again, you have an official police report on your side!! Make that call! Also, I'd strongly now consider putting up a game-cam that will record everything going on, and is saved to a memory card. Videos don't lie! Numerous bright No Tresspassing signs on your property's boundaries as well. If these, (or any) hoodlums try it again, you'll have much more enforcing power on your side. Hope this helps, and this never happens again! :) ** Make that report a.s.a.p.!!

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Wow, yeah, I'd be very concerned too! The 1st step would be to make a police report a.s.a.p.- even if you or your neighbor have no clue who the teens are, at least if you ever have a problem like this again, you have an official police report on your side!! Make that call! Also, I'd strongly now consider putting up a game-cam that will record everything going on, and is saved to a memory card. Videos don't lie! Numerous bright No Tresspassing signs on your property's boundaries as well. If these, (or any) hoodlums try it again, you'll have much more enforcing power on your side. Hope this helps, and this never happens again! :) ** Make that report a.s.a.p.!!

Excellent advice. Do go to the police - this may be part of a pattern the police are aware of and your report will help track them down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We had a similar incident last week at my barn. A gun was fired very close to our barn - luckily no horses were injured, but an 18 year old girl (riding a practically bombproof fox hunter) ended up breaking her nose because her horse spooked at the noise and her foot got stuck in the stirrup. Very scary.

As for making sure it happens again, I would definitely file a police report and put up a security camera.

People can be so stupid sometimes! :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.