The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Is it for a schooling show or an official show? Schooling shows can often be a bit more flexible on show attire. You can also get away with a lot of the same attire in an official show, but it may not be as common there.

She can wear:

• either beige or white breeches are acceptable
  • a white collared shirt with or without a stocktie. A showshirt is preferable, but a schooling show may be more flexible about that.
  • black tall boots or black paddock boots with black half chaps (might be more accepted at a schooling show).
  • A black or navy showjacket
    • she could also use a well fitting blazer for her first show, although I'd recommend getting a show jacket if she is planning on doing more showing
  • hairnet
    • I find the best way to tie hair up is to french braid it, then tuck it under and secure with bobby pins. Then, place the hair net over
  • Black gloves
  • black helmet or if not available, then a helmet with a black helmet cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is it for a schooling show or an official show? Schooling shows can often be a bit more flexible on show attire. You can also get away with a lot of the same attire in an official show, but it may not be as common there.

She can wear:

• either beige or white breeches are acceptable
  • a white collared shirt with or without a stocktie. A showshirt is preferable, but a schooling show may be more flexible about that.
  • black tall boots or black paddock boots with black half chaps (might be more accepted at a schooling show).
  • A black or navy showjacket
    • she could also use a well fitting blazer for her first show, although I'd recommend getting a show jacket if she is planning on doing more showing
  • hairnet
  • Black gloves
  • black helmet or if not available, then a helmet with a black helmet cover.
this one is really nice idea to wear. i really liked this

·
Registered
Elle, 1997 Oldenburg mare
2,080 Posts
If you get on some local equestrian buy and sell groups, you may find some second-hand jackets for sale. Kids grow out of youth show clothes all the time!

·
Registered
591 Posts
^ Yes, fb groups are a great way to save some in show jackets, particularly if you are in bigger equestrian area. You could also look at equestrian consignment shops, as well.

Otherwise, I think my first show jacket was a Tuffrider, and I think those still run relatively cheaply compared to other brands. You could also check out Greenhawk and see what they have to offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts