Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone !

let's see the fellow bird/parrot on this forum !
I myself am a FANATIC about parrots, and have researched about them alot, so you may find me giving alot of advice regarding parrots.
I also own a forum for Green Cheek Conure's, if any of you want to join or see it, message me for the address, i dont want to advertise the link without permission.
It is still growing, but it will get there ! I am also working on abit of updates to the appearance. slowely..

Anyways, this is my little man Cinder, My Green Cheek Conure, he is 11 months old, and turning 1 year on december 7th !

Also just a photo i edited i thought i would share ;)

So let's see your parrots/Birds.

( i also own another GCC, whom was a rescue, and he was from a breeding pair, but his mate passed away, and i owned him for awhile, i dont have extra time at the moment for two parrots, all the work and so forth with all my animals, so he is going to a new home sunday, :( i will miss him ! )

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Earl is very Pretty, especially all fluffy :) i like his cage too.
Im going to be purchasing Cinder a new bigger cage soon :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm hoping to be purchasing a green-cheek here in the next month or so depending. =D I looove green-cheeks!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
awww cute birds !

i love cockatoos ! i house/farm/animal sit for 2 dif familys, one has 8 different kinds of birds in their house & the other has 2 cockatoos...i just love them, i would like to get a bird at some point, but im afraid my dogs would eat it...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Here's my Jasper. He's an Alexandrine Ringneck Parakeet (the largest parakeets there are). He's still young, so he has no ring around his neck yet.

4107024480_bdf66fc620_o.jpg
P1010295.jpg

This is the canary I used to have named Sprite. He died due to an uncurable infestation of airsac mites :(

sprite.jpg

And the Little Lost Forgotten Black Finch.. Ha ha.

cricket 2.jpg

·
Registered
627 Posts
I <3 GCCs.

Here is my little curmudgeon, Tatu. We have had him for two years...he is a rescue, and around 7-8 yo.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone's parrots are adorable !

Remember, anyone who plans or wants a parrot, PLEASE DO ALOT OF RESEARCH, They are along term commitment, and there is so many things that are toxic to parrots, they own you ! You have to alter alot of your lifestyle to keep them healthy and happy :)

Anyone with GCC's Please Check Out My Forum, Its in my Siggy under my banner !

·
Registered
627 Posts
Everyone's parrots are adorable !

Remember, anyone who plans or wants a parrot, PLEASE DO ALOT OF RESEARCH, They are along term commitment, and there is so many things that are toxic to parrots, they own you ! You have to alter alot of your lifestyle to keep them healthy and happy :)

Anyone with GCC's Please Check Out My Forum, Its in my Siggy under my banner !
I'm gonna have to check out that forum.

Also I second Twister...research research research!! There are SO not an "easy" animal, as is said often enough. You really do have to make quite a few changes to your lifestyle to keep them healthy...which includes changing all your cookware for non-teflon stuff, no scented candles, etc.. Plus a bazillion other things. Make sure you're ready to commit full-term and understand everything you're getting into. If you or any family members are adverse to loud/and or near-constant noise, perhaps bringing one into the house would not be a good choice. IDK but I hear complaints about a parrot's noiseyness fairly often from owners...they're birds after all! Even green cheeks who are often heralded as the quietest of the parrots have a rather piercing shriek. :wink:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
^ Can we join if we have other breeds of parrots? OR just GGCs?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you can join if you have other breed's of parrots too :)

Its for all GCC owners, Lovers or to be owners. If you just have another kind of parrot, that is fine too :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im glad that you agree with me Cheshire, in fact about the shriek, i have a video of mojo, my other GCC ( who is going to a new home tomorrow) SHRIEKING. (when i had first gotten him, he has improved SO MUCH, the Bald looking one, is libby his mate who passed away this summer )

Here you go everone.( can someone fix it ? )

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Ashley, Molucan Cockatoo[the largest you can buy, i believe]

Tiki, Sun Conure:

Digit, Nanday Conure:

The Conures, Digit, Rico, Tiki:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ aw they are gorgeous !
:)
Do you feed them sunflowers ( i avoid them, because they are very unhealthy and fattening)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:)
Lol cinder loves to eat whenever i am eating, and tries to steal my food so i have to stay as far away as possible when i am eating something that he CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT HAVE lol.

Lucara, your new baby is Adorable :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cinder is getting his flights back, i havent gotten his wings clipped enough to completely take away his ability to fly, i only had the 4 primarys clipped, and now he has 2 clipped primarys since he is moulting and his flights are coming back in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.