The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only done about 4 horse pics in my life and have 1 more to do for a family member, then plan to start working on them for real!

I love to do charcoal/pencil and thought it might be nice to get some of y'alls horses up-close-and-personal, to use for reference.

So, if you have some great up close photos of your horses, post em please!

Here was the last one I did, prob a year ago or so of my niece:

Good luck
Wess

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Here you go...this is Willie...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not drawn, just the closeup photos.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing your beautiful horses!

Wess

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Beautiful drawing!

This is Stella:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wow, you'll be busy with all these! If you have time, I'd love it if you could do Dante! :) Thank you! Your drawing is lovely, I can't wait to see what you do with all these guys.
You can do whichever one you prefer;

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
This is Nelson.

He is 20 years old and a phenomina horse with alot of soul and spirit. He's my Best Friend, Companion and my Partner In Crime.

He's gone through quite a rough spell at the start of January, injuring his hind right hock, and also made it through a really bad case of Gas Colic in his Ceacum. It is was bad, that I almost lost him.

He's a fighter, and a trooper and a gift that has been given. He's an angle and a true blessing.

We're Eventers, but I am unsure where our path will lead due to his injury. Meaning, if all he can do is dressage, then I'm going to become a DQ. If all he can do is Trail Riding, then I'm going to become a hacking enthusiast.

We're together through thick and thin, I promised him that from the day we became partners, and I meant it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the pics so far y'all! Some beautiful horses for sure!!!

Here is the one I finished up for my brother's inlaws, one more to go! I will put a thread in the Artwork section with some pics - start to finish that might be of interest.

Keep the pics coming!

Is it Friday Yet?
Wess

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Comanche

Lyric

Lillie

1 - 20 of 55 Posts