The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see your cross country pictures!!! And please state what level you're jumping in the pictures (beg. novice, novice, training, etc)!

I think that not only will this be fun, but it will help those of us new to eventing to recognize the difference in levels.

P.S. (Sorry if a similar post has already been done... I didn't see one though)

·
Registered
852 Posts
this was Petey and i schooling, first time i had jumped him in 3 1/2yrs, we were doing BN and Novice and some training, but no pics of the training jumps :( it had started to sprinkle at one pt so friends mom who was photographing had already put her camera away. some of these are no so great so forgive my form, like i said it was first time jumping him in a while and he has a MASSIVE jump lol

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
All but the last one are Training/Pre-Novice/3'3"/1.00 m however you want to measure the height. The last one is a Novice/Intro/2'11" (no idea what it is in metres) fence.

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
Awesome Roxy!

Where did you get your breastplate at?
Thanks I ordered if off Dover. It was one of the cheaper ones I paid about $180 or so and I Love it!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
165 Posts
I really don't have any good ones...my parents can't really work my camera..lol. I ride beg novice, but these jumps are smaller than 2'6"

Attachments

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
let me preface this by saying i am not an eventer. i don't even play one on tv. i came to this thread to oogle at the brave people jumping things i wouldn't even think of attempting. but for comparison (comic relief?), i figured i would post my cross country jumping efforts.

i ride endurance. the mare i am riding does endurance. she'd never been anywhere near a cross country jump before. we were invited to ride in a hunter pace by eventer friends, who encouraged us to try hopping over the small stuff during the ride. apparently peer pressure still works in old age, as i tried a few of the smaller jumps. one thing i learned was endurance-length stirrups (which are comparable to dressage length) are NOT helpful when it comes to jumping. go figure. :lol:

can't wait to see more pics from actual eventers!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
oh man - i'm so jealous of you guys. i really need to see if there's something like that around here. the only thing i know of us a fox hunting place but i'm no where near ready or willing to do that. :p

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
lol dawn i love those pics! here are some of me and duke competing BN

the last one is my fave :) and it cracks me up how my horse makes the jumps look teensy. once he relaxes and remembers he has a brain we will move up a level (we schooled N as well but haven't showed in ages so i always go down a level when getting back into competing).

fun thread!!!

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
This is Nelson and I Eventing. He's my 16.3hh 21 TB Gelding. We school over a lot of N and T fences. We competed at BN over 2010.

Nelson took 3rd Overall for BN Senior Horse and I took 1st overall for BN Senior Rider :) :) I couldn't be more proud of my big guy.

Novice Drop

Novice Ramp

Novice Trak Fence

Training Drop

BN Fence

Novice Ditch

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I really don't have any good ones...my parents can't really work my camera..lol. I ride beg novice, but these jumps are smaller than 2'6"
Is that an arab?! :)
Do you have a youtube channel? Once I just searched arabian eventing and a video popped up with a little grey eventer that was a little super start. If its not you, it surely looks like you! :)

MIE:
I just love that training drop picture! Nelson looks like he's having so much fun jumping in the puddles and you look serious/intense! :)

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
oh you want cross country pictures?

I've GOT your cross country pictures!

Dark bay/black is Ginisee. Fences ranging from BN to Training

Rich bay is my current eventer, Demi. BN to Training. Competing BN

And then the BIG brown horse is Uma, doing BN thru Training.

*WARNING* This may span several posts. haha

Attachments

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
most of this will be Demi, if not all of it. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
MIE:
I just love that training drop picture! Nelson looks like he's having so much fun jumping in the puddles and you look serious/intense! :)
It's funny you say that - because that's exactly how he is! LOL! When you get onto that Cross Country Course, and he locks into a fence - he'll have a temper tantrum if you pull him off of it! Yeah! I am not lying!!

His mentallity out there is "Lookit, either you're coming with me, or without me...but I'm going over it!"

My face expression, it's funny - because everyone says the same thing! But I honestly wasn't scared! lol. I was thinking though "Ok, let the reins slide through my hands, and coffin canter" lol

Great pics Drew!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
these are the only pics i can find on this computer...rhydy jumping the pasture fence and rhydy jumping a round bale =]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.