The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Leia for three years before selling her in February, only to buy her back again in December. Now, her show name is 'Laughing Layup' because on her saddlebred side, her dad's name is 'Nothing But Net' and his dad is 'Harlem Globe Trotter' Leia also has a sister named 'Swoosh'. So Basketball names rn in the family. But ever since I bought her, I've never really liked her show name. I've always thought of changing it, but never really got around to picking one. So, what do you guys think? Keep 'Laughing Layup" or change it to something I like more and something that fits her?

I'm open to suggestions, keep in mind I REALLY like music, especially classic rock. I have these show name ideas so far:

Welcome to the Machine
Iron Maiden
Led Zeppelin
Princess Leia
Psychedelic
Stairway to Heaven
Bohemian Rhapsody
Black Magic Woman
Voodoo Chile
Brown Eyed Girl
Master of Puppets
Hard Day's Night
Barracuda
Money For Nothing
Time of the Season
Strawberry Fields Forever
Dazed and Confused

A lot of these I jst thought off the top of my head, so a lot of them aren't good... You can choose your favorites from my list, or add on to it. :)

**Btw theres a lot of pics of her at my barn and a description of her personality, if that helps. :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
maybe if you stick with tradition? it would be nice?
i LOVE bohemian rapsody.
brown eyed girl is nice.
do you do showing with her?
i think Barracuda would be class if you were jumping or eventing or something like that:D
x

·
Chat Moderator
3,744 Posts
While i like the Barracuda and Browneyed girl. Barracuda puts in my mind a sleathy predator stalking it prey, and with her small size 14.2 hands it fits. Brown Eye Girl, makes me think of a simple pretty coutry girl, and again it fits.

But I love the name Iron Maiden; With her grit is seem to be made of iron and with everything else about her, she seems like a lady so maiden would fit. Iron maiden sounds perfect to me then.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on doing eventing but she mainly jumps and does a little dressage

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like Iron Maiden, Master of Puppets and Welcome to the Machine the Best... I'm still undecided and need loads more suggestions! so keep em coming!! :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
if shes going to be eventing and that i go fully for Barracuda:)
heres some ideas for names. just random names

willow
summer storm
whirl wind
twiglight
vegas
gingersnap
fanta
hey jude
ti amo
slàinte
clinton