The Horse Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, there are threads for the 2012, 2011, 2013 horses, we need one for the 4 and coming-4 year olds!!
So - what are your 2010 model horses doing?

Zoe is a reg'd Sport Horse filly (Oldenburg mutt on top, Dutch on the bottom) 15.2hh currently. Started in June 2013, and has just never ceased to amaze me since. She's so willing and takes everything in stride. Almost nothing phases her.

Baby:

Now:

Gah okay I'm fed up with trying to post on an iPad. I'll come back and load more photos later.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Zoe is so gorgeous and is maturing so beautifully.

Here's my single 2010 baby, Taz. I've not had time to do much with him so his training is on hold til this spring/summer when there are more daylight hours...and the weather is warmer LOL.

All these pictures are old. I've got a few newer ones on my computer at home but I'll go ahead and post a few of these now. These are from this summer when I put his first ride on him.

ETA: He's currently standing 15.2 but string tests to, I think, 16.1 so we'll see.

He is quite a bit bigger and better looking than he was as a baby LOL.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Shockability Appaloosa

Aka. Sammy

Haven't done much with him over the winter. Too cold, too snowy, too icy or too muddy. And my coming 2 year old decided to get all my attention with an injury.

He is sadly up for sale, due to said 2 year old's injury and an upcoming change in finances.. But for now I can play with him. :D

·
Registered
37,004 Posts
Why are they called model horses?
They are all cute...
I have a 2010 horse, but I only got him as a 3 yr old, less than 1 year ago..

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Beautiful horses everyone.

I was looking through here then realised at the end that I actually have a horse that fits in this thread. I will have to get some nice pictures of him to show, I don't have any recent ones where he actually looks loved.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Billy, born Oct 2010. Registered Hanoverian (Hanoverian sire out of a studbook TB mare). Broken Dec 2013. Had a weeks work put into him when I got him back from the breakers and is now out for a few weeks of holiday while I get settled into the routine of shift work.

3 months

18 months

3 years

3 rides back from the breakers

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
He has a really lovely temperament, but yes he is quite hot. He is very sensitive, but with a wonderful work ethic. Fabulous paces, everything is in the right place and I have received many comments that there should be no reason for him not to go FEI and potentially GP if he stays sounds.
I know quite a few FF's and all but one or two have the same temperament. A few people haven't been able to ride them, but they have always struggled to send a horse forward. Get these guys forward and they'll do anything. Let them do their own thing and they will take control very quickly.

Basically, the temperament is exactly what you want in an FEI prospect, you just need to be able to control it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
231 Posts
He has a really lovely temperament, but yes he is quite hot. He is very sensitive, but with a wonderful work ethic. Fabulous paces, everything is in the right place and I have received many comments that there should be no reason for him not to go FEI and potentially GP if he stays sounds.
I know quite a few FF's and all but one or two have the same temperament. A few people haven't been able to ride them, but they have always struggled to send a horse forward. Get these guys forward and they'll do anything. Let them do their own thing and they will take control very quickly.

Basically, the temperament is exactly what you want in an FEI prospect, you just need to be able to control it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Awesome, thanks so much for the info! Gives me a little bit of food for thought.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Hey, I have a horse that actually fits this thread! This is Written In The Stars aka Izzie. She is a half Arab/Paint cross. Wonderful temperament, easy to train, and just a great member of our family :) We got her as a yearling, but did get pictures from before we bought her.

Before we got her

The day we picked her up

As a two year old
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

As a freshly broke three year old. Excuse my appearance. I had just had my son about 2 months before, and hadn't quite shed the baby weight.

And her very first show this past September. I was unable to show her due to a riding injury, but my friend took her in for her first ever under saddle show. She only was able to ride her once before the show, and couldn't quit gushing about how awesome her canter is. Which is a huge compliment because, as she puts it, she's a canter snob!

Sorry for the picture over load :oops: She is my first, and only, horse, and I love her maybe just a little bit...

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Well my boy Kermit is the result of someone being lazy about gelding a colt. He is an arab x appy x pony.

He hasn't got the best conformation but hopefully he will stay sound through life. I got him because the owner had too many horses and was giving them away. People didn't show interest in him I guess since he didn't have the pretty colouring and nicer conformation of his siblings.

He is my first horse to break in and so far is quiet enough to not cause too much drama but has enough spunk to be a bit of a challenge.

Here he is and I love him with all his quirks.

Attachments

Reactions: Drifting

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
This is Rodeo, my 2010 PaintxTB gelding. Awesome little guy, was bred for barrels, but I dont really see the speed, although he is super quick running through trees in the field, so we will see probably next summer! Super awesome temperment, couldnt have been any easier to start, literally, just hop on, the type of horse I guess you would say "born broke". Just easy to be around, will let you sit on your hands and knees at night, and not move a muscle as you search for blanket buckles and straps, just awesome, and completely head over heels for this guy!
Without further ado...Rodeo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts