The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Banned
Snickers- Seal brown and white pinto mare
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this thread kinda to see if anyone else shows steers or heifers, and also so then you can post questions if you do.

My question is: I'm going to try and get reserve champion show steer this year and one of the steers I could choose is really nice and has a good build, but he has curly fur. Should I choose him? Is curly fur bad? Is it better? I looked on the internet but I couldn't find any, so I decided to get real peoples' opinions. 馃槉

Banned
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does the cattle project leader tell you? They should be the pro advice.
They said it was what I liked better, but I wanted some more advice. If someone gives me advice, I鈥檒l always listen, but I like to get more then one opinion.

Registered
It really depends on how curly the hair is. My kids showed in 4-H and the rules are not as tough as they are in real breed specific cattle shows. Once summer comes and you bath him more often his hair may not seem as curly. If he is Hereford or a cross he may have some curly hair but you can wax it into the top ridge. Grooming often helps train the hair to lay the way you want it to.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It really depends on how curly the hair is. My kids showed in 4-H and the rules are not as tough as they are in real breed specific cattle shows. Once summer comes and you bath him more often his hair may not seem as curly. If he is Hereford or a cross he may have some curly hair but you can wax it into the top ridge. Grooming often helps train the hair to lay the way you want it to.
Okay, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts