The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to braid star's tail for christmas (im braiding challenged so i want to have time to practice!:lol:) I would love insturctions on a simple and pretty tail braid that i might possible be able to braid a ribbon into, i want to send the pictures of her to Dan the person who rescued her and gave her to us because its been forever since he has seen a new picture of her. :D thanks a lot!

·
Registered
122 Posts
i dunno if you want to braid the whole thing or not, but this is what i usually do to the mustang i take care of (actually now i do it a little different, i just braid the top part and let the rest hang loose).

i figured it out on my own somehow (i'm usuall horible with braids), but here's a video i found with a demonstration :)
of course he does his a little different-his is fancier haha, i'm too lazy to do it his way :p

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ohh I found a photo too. This was the first time I tried it (I invented it out of boredom) and I was so happy with the outcome that I made a quick photo with my phone. It looks funny but the more you practise the better the result is :wink:

·
Registered
122 Posts
i saw the braid in a native american horsemanship book. they didnt tell you how to do it, but in one of the pictures the horse had it and i liked it :) so i figured out how to do it and do it ALL the time lol. the picture i showed was the first time i figured it out :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
When I was younger I had a friend and she was a hairdresser. She used to do it on people all the time (it was a very popular hairstyle back then) and I was always so frustrated cause anytime I tried I just simply could.not. do it. Once I figured it out but it was just a mess to me, I had my hands full of strands of hair I had no clue what to do with. Then I forgot how to do it again... Now I'm very comfortable with doing it on a horse's tail but somehow I'm sure if I were to do it on somebody's head I'd totally not know what to do again :lol:

Now... talk about skill and patience!

·
Registered
122 Posts
haha yeah i'm not the best hairdresser in the world either :p i was really urprised when i figured out that easy horse braid haha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts