The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya

buck seems to be sitting on his tail, or rubbing it, on the walls, its gotten to the state of the hair being less than an inch, some hairs about 1CM or less, ive been told to put baby oil on it, but that doesnt seem to be working, and he keeps getting the tail guard off...

any suggestions?

i dont think its worms, as he has been wormed recently and didnt have very many at all thank goodness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes , there is somebody...
if the skin is getting raw, I would suggest a combination of hemerhoid cream and diaper rash cream. It will help reduce pain and itching. As he will stop rubbing, the hair should stop falling out

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Make sure he stays on a regular worming schedule, and keep his sheath cleaned! If he's rubbing his tail and it's not worms, I'm willing to bet that his sheath is dirty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i love the way that everyone always puots it down to worms or there sheath/lady bits not being clean, ever heard of sweet itch? google it if not, its caused by midges and other flies and causes them to itch like theres no tomorrow, try using some switch(from the vet) dermatitus cream and a fly rug ... xx

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
i love the way that everyone always puots it down to worms or there sheath/lady bits not being clean, ever heard of sweet itch? google it if not, its caused by midges and other flies and causes them to itch like theres no tomorrow, try using some switch(from the vet) dermatitus cream and a fly rug ... xx
Ok I've been ignoring it but now its really irritating me. Why are you digging up old threads?? This one is from 2009.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts