The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey horsey folks,
So I am in the market to buy some riding breeches. Does anyone know what numbers correspond with Small, Medium, Large, XXL and so on? Thank you and Happy Riding :)

·
Registered
49,446 Posts
Might I ask what size of pants you wear now? Pants used to be sized by the waist dimension. measure your waist. Of course, they (breeches) vary a bit, depending how stiff the fabric is.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might I ask what size of pants you wear now?
It varies but I am usually around a 16 to an 18. I do have a 32 and 34 in some other riding pants. But I can't find a sizing chart for the particular riding breeches I want to buy. I have an Ovation Pair that I really like but its an XL and because of my weight its to small. So I am thinking a 34 would be big enough.
Ovation Women's Straight (Cotton-Spandex denim Knit) on Amazon

·
Registered
591 Posts
It vastly depends on the brand and style. For example, mine is all across the board: I wear a 30 in Elation (greenhawk) breeches, a medium in Kerrits flow rise tights, a small in kerrits full seat breeches, a 28 in others, and a 24 in Horze breeches. Horze breeches run much larger, if you look at the size chart.

Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with Ovation breeches, but I wonder if you could email Ovation for a size chart?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts