The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, we have a yearling filly who has been slobbering excessively for quite a while now. I've read up on it and no she isn't on clover and never has been. She slobers all the time, now that it is a freezing temp, her "loogies" are frozen everywhere. I have taken her to the vet. He rasped her teeth and attempted to remove wolf teeth, with no success. Tried over an hour. Said we can get them surgically removed but they don't appear to be bothering her at all. Now, in my opinion..this is the only thing I can see that COULD be causing this type of drooling. Having Wolf teeth. She is out with another yearling who has never and does not have this problem. It's only her. We have 8 horses and have had horses for many years with no issues like this. Our vet is puzzled, we are puzzled. Does anyone have any experience in this? Any suggestions? She eats a combination grass/alfalfa hay, good quality.. with a 14% mixed feed. Is there any way she may have allergies to something in the feed causing her to do this? I am at my wits end! It is driving me crazy! I think I will pick up some different feed to feed her and see if that helps.. Otherwise, I have no idea what it could be. :(

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Yes I have…and it was due to a splinter of wood in the gum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.