The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any info on what could be causing little pieces of hair to disappear from my horses neck, and result in tiny black patches of skin?? He is rugged full time and is a show horse so this is very annoying as they stand out a lot!!
Will appreciate any advice.
Naomi

·
Registered
262 Posts
This time of year, my horse gets scummy along the skin, dandruff looking and he gets small patches of hair falling out like that. If it's warm enough, I'd recommend giving him a bath and scrubbing real good all over. I've had some winters where it was bad enough I washed him in a closed in area with warm water and waited for him to dry in a heated garage. It always happens with him this time of year, and he actually just got a bath last weekend for it. All shiny and no problem now :)

·
Banned
57 Posts
Could be any number of things really but most common are rain rot, lice or a skin allergy. If its on his neck it could be lice since they like to hide up in the mane. If you can post a few up close pics I could probably give you a better answer
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.