The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I tried it on my arabian, it didn't do anything at all for us.

In fact the only one that really works for me is Total Calm and Focus, and it's expensive....but it's fantastic. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i use vitamin b1 from them and it helps my boy focus better. and it seems to help hes not everywhere anymore

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I used it on 3 horses......didn't notice any difference in them at all. I also had 2 on the Breathing...they did nothing for them either.

I personally am not a fan of the SmartPak because they were a waste of my money and didn't even touch any of the 5 horses.

I prefer Silver Lining Herbs as I have used them and have gotten great results from their products.

Reactions: Tessa7707

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
The cheapest most effective calming supplement is feeding Magnesium Citrate at 1500mg per day. Its about $25-30 for a 1 month supply at this rate of supplementation, which you may be able to decrease. A hyper active horse is often caused by nutritional imbalances.
Instead of buying random supplements, it is helpful to learn about equine nutrition and attempt to balance your horses diet to meet his needs. FeedXL is apparently a good resource, I prefer reading independent studies and researching supplements myself. Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
190 Posts
Doesn't smartpak offer a money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied? Since every horse is different it could be worth a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.