The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 17.1 thoroughbred and he and I are learning dressage together! We are having so much fun on this journey together. I have ridden hunt seat for many years.dressage is so completely different! I have been looking high and low for a good used dressage saddle. I found a smith and worthington that is comfy and fits my horse and a great price too. Has anyone heard of this brand and if it is a quality saddle. Thanks!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
From my research while back it's a good quality saddle. They seem to run on narrow side though.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Thanks so much. My horse is a 17.1 thoroughbred and it seems to fit well. It is an extremely comfortable saddle and appears to be very well crafted.
Glad you like it! :) Both my horses are on wider side (unlike many TBs), so I was looking at one, but passed because of that.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
i've heard very good things about this saddle however i've not had the chance to ride in one. my saddler recommends them so maybe when my colt is older i'll give one a try. :wink:

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
My first saddle was a smith and worthington. I loved it, It was probably 40 years old when I got it. It was comfy and tough, I had it till it got
run over by a truck, don't ask, I gave it to my Aunt who no longer rides, she keeps it in her garage so she can smell "horse" whenever she wants to.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Some of their saddles are made in England. They are very nice. Other models are made in Argentina, not so nice. Check before buying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.