The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try these? Thoughts, opinions? Other suggestions?

I can never seem to find the right pair of jeans to ride in. I love my jeans that I wear everyday (from kohls deparment store). They are soft and stretchy and fit just right, but they don't hold up in the saddle.

I am really short with tree trunk legs, so I need a lot of "give" to get my leg high enough for the stirrup on my horse. I have tried regular cowboy cut wranglers, wrangler Q babys and ariat real riding jeans. They either don't fit quite right, or aren't bendy enough for my liking.

I do have a few pairs of breeches that are hand me downs, but I always feel like I have hay bits stuck in them (itchy!) and am pretty self conscious about wearing them anywhere other than home.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone try these? Thoughts, opinions? Other suggestions?

I can never seem to find the right pair of jeans to ride in. I love my jeans that I wear everyday (from kohls deparment store). They are soft and stretchy and fit just right, but they don't hold up in the saddle.

I am really short with tree trunk legs, so I need a lot of "give" to get my leg high enough for the stirrup on my horse. I have tried regular cowboy cut wranglers, wrangler Q babys and ariat real riding jeans. They either don't fit quite right, or aren't bendy enough for my liking.

I do have a few pairs of breeches that are hand me downs, but I always feel like I have hay bits stuck in them (itchy!) and am pretty self conscious about wearing them anywhere other than home.
Guessing you're riding western? I ride both (English more though) and I like wearing breeches for both. Elation Red Label Pull-Ons are very comfortable and affordable, in my opinion, and they work well for both disciplines. https://cowgirlmagazine.com/riding-jean-styles/ The last ones seem pretty cheap for me, and they are very comfortable (I don't own them though, I borrowed from a friend once).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts