The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we could imagine a great invention for horse riders I think it would be if someone could invent something that prevents or silences the snow falling from the arena roof! Arrrggghh. . . . Horses really hate that.:shock:

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
This freaks my mare out-the kind of spook where the horse is there under you one minute, and then the next, poof, no more horse. She despises that snow falling. After three year now of working on it, I can ride her through it, but last year I just wouldn't ride most days when it was likely to happen. I can sympathize!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
My mare spooked once I think..Hasn't been a problem since. I rode in the indoor every almost up until this month when I moved Alahna again..Eventually the horses get use to it and it doesn't bother them anymore. I treat it as a free desensitization clinic when we've had a ton of snow and we get a sunny day, haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
They get used to it :) especially if you don't freak out!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Not too much snow consistently where I am located, but I've had that experience a couple of times when we get a random snow attack. For us it's more the rain and wind. My boy is quick to spook, but I just put him straight to work with figures so that he has to think about where to put his feet and he forgets all about the scary tree branches hitting the rooftop.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
That's how you know if you horse is truly on the bit! If they are they don't react! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.