The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people are longing for the warmth of spring, I am also. But I can't help but feel as if there's a void in my heart this winter season.
In my area it has snowed about, well, once. That huge storm that hit Washington and stuff blew out to the ocean and completely missed my area.
We usually get a ton of snow this winter, but instead it's just been dry.. dry.. dry.. No snow.

Well I didn't get my hopes up that we'd get any snow today, like the weatherman said [and quite frankly I wouldn't be sad if we didn't. I'm very prepared for spring!]
But low and behold, I wake up to the white stuff everywhere, and the snow hasn't stopped falling since.

For some reason seeing the snow made me really happy. I went to ride my horse today, I had to take him in from turnout and I thought I'd take some cellphone pictures [I forgot my camera :p] Didn't catch any action shots of my boy but he came speeding up to the fence when he saw me and from the looks of it, he was really enjoying his time in the snow also.

So much for a clean horse! [don't mind the hanging blanket strap, it must have come undone when he rolled]

Him with his pasture buddy, they're bffl's :lol:

"Please take me inside!"

He has Cheeto lips today! [His supplements are an orange powder]

"Look ma, I made muhself dirty!"

And then I take my boy in.

Hope you enjoyed the seasonal photography :lol:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Pretty snow and horse. It looks like it's really cold and windy. All our snow has melted and I hope we don't get any more. Its been a nice wet winter and thats a good thing for my pasture and the farmers so I won't complain too loud. It will make for cheaper hay prices this summer.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My GOSH he has a cute face!!
What a beauty!

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
snow....is poopie...very very poopie. It snowed last night. It might snow tonight... and tomorrow night...

Snow... is poopie...

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Vidaloco- It was quite windy today, but during the day when I went it was actually kind of warm, my boy got really sweaty when I rode him and I had to take off my coat for a while too, which I rarely do hehe.

@Kashmere- Thanks :)

@Farmpony- We're getting a really bad storm today, it's' still going on now, and I had a hard time driving home from work. From the looks of your pictures you really got the bad end of the february snow storms!

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
Please! Take all my snow away!!!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would keep it all in my backyard and build 150 snowmen if I could! :D [not so fond of snow at the barn though, I wanna ride my boy outside :( ]

·
Super Moderator
26,794 Posts
maybe we could all make snow horses?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts