The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I am a senoir in High School. I only have 5 months left till I am free!
I am happy about that, only thing is I havea 3, cmming 4 year old in April TB mare who I am training. I Have such a hard time finding time to work her, and now that I havea knee injury from early winter of 09 I cant ride till I get cleared on the 3rd of Feb. I have my trainer working her every other week, cause I can only affored that right now. Even tho I am in a alternitive program for my school work I am finding it very frsutrating to get out to the barn to work Klassy. Mondays I have choir at 10am then at 1pm I have a meeting an hour and half away by bus as I dont have a car cause I cant affored all the things that come witha car, and I dont have my liscnese. Then I go to my tutors after my meeting til 5pm. Tuesdays are now free to be at the barn cause I shoved all my Meeting and tutoring in one day. I have Choir three daysa week at the commuinty college near by cause I am in Running start, so that is 10am to 1050am on Mondays/Wensdays/Fridays. Now since I am a senoir I have to do 60 hours of "service learning" as its a graduate REQUIRMENT. so I havea volentter thing set up for 4 hours a week. in the evenings. Now this s why ist hard ofr me to get to my horse and why its so time consuming for me.
My horse is boarded on the Pennisula, where as I live 2 hours driving distance from her, but minus a car I have no way to "drive" out there. You can also get there by ferry, now this is how I get there. Itsa 40 minute crossing on the ferry and I live 5 minutes form the ferry dock and the bus stop for the bus that goes to the ferry is 6 blocks straight up from my house. But getting all the bus and ferry sched cordinated so I am not just sitting and waiting for one or the other can be tricky. But the barn is walking/biking distance from the ferry dock on the other side. To estimate the time it takes to get there on a free day is about a 1hr and 20 minutes. UGH So with SL (Service learning), my classes and my Mondays ist so hard to get the engery to get myself out there. I am tryong to get some more volenteer gigs near my house to get done with the SL faster cause I dont want to drag it out to may and have my horse getting that little attaion from me and not getting worked cause by then I can ride her.

Just had to vent and explain what I am going through cause my family is saying I can graduate next year and not stress over it but I want to get done with school now and have all the more time to work and be with my horse and train to show her. BLAHH I want to rip my hair out cause not only do I not the time i want to be working with my horse but my socail life is pretty much gone to!

Anyways. Sry for the crazieness.

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Oh hunny. Just wait until you have a full time job, are a full time college student, and have two horses to take care of, on top of boyfriends, friends, other animals, homework, etc. =]

Don't worry about not having a car or license, I didn't get mine until a year after I graduated, because I didn't have time to work and finish high school so I couldn't afford it.

Is there a way you can do more hours a week for your SL, so that it doesn't take you as long to get through it? My only other thought would be to move your horse [I'm assuming it will be easier to move her than to move you] but I know how hard that is, and it's likely it's not possible.

I see you're in Seattle, I'm in Marysville. =] I know of several great barns in Snohomish with fantastic instructors and trainers [dressage and jumping], so even coming from Seattle by bus, you could get there quicker. Bus schedules sync better than a bus and ferry would. Would you like any names or contact information?

Best of luck in making it work out. I know it's hard now, but eventually, it's going to get worse, haha. Keep your chin up, you'll learn how to handle it and then it'll seem easier. =D

PS. I don't have a social life either. =]

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Yeah well she is in Port Orchard now and we just moved her there 5 days after Christams to be iwth my trainer and she now has daily turnout so that makes me feel better :) I would mover her to woodinville or edmonds somewere i could bus and not ferry ride to, but I cant affored the insane board costs on top the trainer costs. I wish! Right now I pay 450 for board and I ussaly work part of it off but my mom knows I dont have time. I am tryng to fine other volenteer things I can do for my SL hours... 60 seems like alot of hours LOL.
Anyways, thanks alot for ready and reaching out it helps alot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.