Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0JdZP8SBAc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The video is of my 3 yo SE Arabian gelding's first ride in the indoor arena with my trainer. He learned steering and picked it up very quickly. He relaxed into walking easily. He even trotted calmly a few strides at a time for a total of maybe a minute.

Prior to this, he'd been led around a round pen with me sitting on him, but no steering or any other rider commands.

This shows that Straight Egyptian Arabians can be as calm and "not crazy" as any other horse. You just can't judge a book by its cover. When I got him a year and a half ago, it took me 30+ minutes to put a halter on him and I couldn't slide it over his ears. He's come such a long way and I couldn't be more proud of my baby.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
631 Posts
im happy for you and your horse,but please dont forget to thank the trainer.someone had to be sitting on him to make that video.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's my best friend and we've known each other for 15 years now. I've done almost all the work with him. She tweaks things and tells me what she wants me to do with him next. She can only make it out to my barn once every month or two. We are both pleased with the progress he's made with both of us.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
631 Posts
thats great,and i apoligize,but alot of people dont realize the beatings and sacrifices that dedicated real trainers have taken over the years.good job and good luck.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to work for a big arabian trainer for years, and I fully appreciate and respect trainers who know what they are doing and the effort involved. They tend to get less credit than they deserve.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
631 Posts
yes mam,you are very right.oh btw,im originally from coshocton ohio.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's only about 3 hours from me. Very cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Wow! Looking good :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.