The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the weird title, I didn't even know how to begin to think of names for this.

A horse I sold earlier on in the spring (one that both I & hubby loved very dearly as he was hubby's first horse), has recently been stolen from his new owners - I found out via a facebook group/page for local horse ads; and I'm just so confused as to what I'm feeling right now.

It's such a weird mixture of things; fearing for the horse's safety (obviously), but also fear that the people I sold him too aren't good enough, hoping he turns out, saddness & regret for selling him, hoping he forgives us for getting rid of him, etc. Ugh just too much to identify.

I know it's not the new owner's fault, they're very nice, responsible people with exceptional horse knowledge.

... it's just a sad thing that's happened.

HIS NAME IS WHISKEY.
4-5 YEAR OLD DARK BAY TB GELDING.
APPROX 17-17.2HH
EXTREMELY PIGEON TOED IN THE FRONT
LOVES PEOPLE - VERY FRIENDLY.
MISSING FROM PORT ELGIN, ON, CAN

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Subbing to this

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's not tattooed, and here's the picture they had on their ad!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Start sharing it around facebook. I know a lot of the various lost dog groups have great results. Nothing to loose trying.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hope you find him, I am in the same position with a horse I sold as well :-(

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can also post it in the Stolen Horses part of this forum.
Stolen Horses

And I agree with an above poster, there are tons of horse sale/rescue/missing groups on facebook you should alert them. There are even some for Ontario specifically.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Definitely to netposse and facebook. I'll put it on my Tumblr for you too if you'd like, I can tag it for people to see.

I wish luck in finding him. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts