The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't know if these were posted before..

This first one, please disregaurd the bull. I am not condoning bull fighting, but watch the horse. Talk about incredible movement.

Merlin:

Invasor:

I have no idea how to post videos but when I find out I will edit this..

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i think bull fighting would be the coolest sport if only it was a lot safer for the hrose and the bull never ot hurt. lol maybe we could try kitten fighting and we could tie a toy mouse to a string that is tied to the horses tail!!!! lol, but i just adore the movements and ease in the movements they do.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I would move my *** pretty quick and agile too is I had a half dead enraged bull wanting to kill me, lol.... I must say not trying to be a downer or anything, but usually those horses are trained very harshly to get that level of obedience, so where as it looks pretty, just think of what the horses go through to achieve that...

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
yes, they do train some hroses harshly to get that. but they also train some hroses harshly in jumping,anddressage, and reining, and any other sport with animals in it. there are also people that train them with paitence to :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they don't with Merlin. And if you watch his ears and eyes he is clearly not afraid in the slightest bit. The sideways ears say concentration, not fear.

This is a different video with bits of training in it:

Not exactly harmful or harsh, IMO.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA thats hilarious that they chase the horse with a wheelbarrel bull. lol i always wondered how they trained them.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I didn't say they train em all like thta, just most. Merlin looks like a truly fantastic animal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
He is fantastic! I just hate to think what happens to the bull afterward :(. And Merlin would make an exelent cutting horse!!
In the second video That horse looks scrunched up.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If it weren't for the brutality of the bull fighting, I'd like a go on Merlin!

I've always appreciated the agility and the "dance-like" qualities of bull-fighting, I just can't get past the killing of a bull. The training of Merlin is amazing, and there is a trust there between rider & Merlin...

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I don't see what is wrong with killing the bull? I mean, 99.999999% of cattle get killed anyway!

I love Merlin, he is an amazing animal!
yes but those cattle are quickly killed, did you see those spikes/hooks in the bulls shouldertip, if you noticed blood was running down the font of the bull.
the pretty much abuse the bull, then inhumanly kill him in the end. not a fun sport. but the hroses are absalutely amazing!:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Merlin is magnificant, but I actually cried when that guy stabbed the bull. I just can't stand animals being harmed.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
So while everyone here is worried about the dangers of bull fighting to the bull I would just like to remind you all that the horse is in danger as well. Yes, this Merlin horse is clearly well trained, but it doesnt change the fact that he is still in a large amount of danger. Everyone can argue that all riding disciplines come with their certain risks, but if you dont mind I'm going to show a few pictures of my mustang, Denny, who used to be a bull fighting pony. Notice the hole in his side where he was nailed.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
A truly magnificent horse.

CAREFUL, graphic videos

Sadly, it is quite common for the horses belonging to the Picadors to be gored by the bull. They are, on many occasions, disemboweled right in front of that same crowd screaming for the bulls blood. I could never watch a working picador horse for fear of witnessing such a thing.

Listen to the crowds clap as this padded picador horse is being gored

Many of the poorer trained horses are worked blindfolded so they won't see what's coming

Praise the noble horse. Curse the ignoble trainers who produce them. IMO!!

Merlins owner may just consider HIS loss as collateral damage when, or if, he gets too slow to dodge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Allison:thank you for posting these videos, they are very graphic, but very true.

I did not mean to make my post sound so harsh. I just want everyone (both inside and outside this forum) aware of the brutalities of bull fighting to horse, bull, and human I like. It makes me sick to know that Denny had to suffer through this before coming to us and even sicker to know that other wonderful horses are enduring the same thing.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
As I said, I would move my *** pretty agile and quick like if I was trying to avoid a 2000lb bull chasing me too.

There is nothing beautiful about bull fighting, it is from a barbaric culture, and if you disagree with me just listen to the crowds bloodlust screams as they actually kill one of the bulls at the end of the torturous "fight", nothing civil about it. This from a culture that idolizes these people, the same culture that makes sport of "steer tripping", "horse fighting", dog fighting, and cock fighting. None of these are frowned upon in Mexico or Spain(where it all originated), they are national pastimes. Says a lot about a culture when torture is a national pastime.

Nothing beautiful can come out of something so cruel. You may say he does not look like he fears for his life, I disagree, or he would simply stand there and let the bull gore him to death. Must be niced to be so "well trained" to run for dear life.

And I mean my post as harsh as it sounds. This is my opinion on the videos you posted.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe you should pay attention to his ears and eyes. If he was scared, his ears would be laid back. They are sideways, in concentration. You would be able to see the white of his eyes. His eyes are calm. And maybe watch his training video. And like I said, I am in no way condoning bull fighting, I think it's awful. The horse performs those movements ON HIS OWN in a field in the training video.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts