Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This girl told me that she thinks my horse, Sydney, is ugly.... :-x
For one, I don't believe that ANY horse is ugly, and I most definitely don't think my baby girl is ugly either! So when she blurted out her arrogant mind vomit, what did I do? Nothing :shock: .... I was in shock!

What would you have said and/or done?

Here is my BEAUTIFUL girl xx

471841_138599449605880_727699422_o | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
If you're showing, just tell them it only matters what the judge thinks.
If you aren't showing, say you can't ride pretty.

My mare gets teased for being too short to run. She's 13.3 and she kicks butt quite frequently.

Reactions: Walkamile

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I personally would have told them to go flip sand and not given it a second thought. Only one person's allowed to insult my horses looks and that's me! (I affectionatley call my mare 'old nag' all the time, but in love). Now if I now the person real well (like my BO), we swap jokes about our 'ugly' horses and poke fun at each other, but it's all in good taste. I've always stood by the fact that it's what's inside the horse that counts. Honestly, I never even tolerated it when judges made a comment about my mare. They didn't like how foundation she looked for a QH..... my response was probably what killed my show career.... :oops:

Don't let it get to you, your horse is beautiful! :)

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Meh. One of my good friends dislikes my Fjord just on the principle that he thinks Fjords are funny looking and unattractive, despite not minding her actual personality.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Pretty is is pretty does! ;) I actually DO have a rather fugly horse (not her fault, and she's growing out of some of it...haha) but I'd much rather have a butt ugly horse with a sound mind than a gorgeous one with nothing but toxic gas between its ears.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If I where in your position, this is how that would have gone down.

Rude girl: "you're horse is ugly!"
Me, with sweet, innocent expression: "so is your face, but I didn't say anything."

And I think she is lovely btw :p and you are very pretty yourself, I love your hair!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Actually, I would take that as a compliment to my horse because when people make comments like this when you haven't asked for their opinion it's usually because they are jealous.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
I'd have told her how rude she was, then ignored her. Best way to handle someone with an attitude problem is ignore them. I learned that a long time ago. Btw your horse is very cute!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
OP why are you allowing someone to rent space in your head. In other words control your thoughts and emotions.
What secure well adjusted person would care what that rude girl thinks? None would.
She made a comment to get a reaction from you. Ignore her and her insecurities will become more apparent to you and everyone else including her.
Next time someone says something that stupid to you, look them in the eye, smile and walk away shaking your head. Show her or anyone else that you couldnt give a flip what they say or think. This will work better than saying something just as petty , showing her you are hurt, or slapping the taste out of her mouth. Be the bigger person in every situation. That is how you earn respect. Good luck and if you think your horse is beautiful then it is no
matter what anyone says. Shalom

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
As much as I'd like to retaliate and lay them out verbally (something I actually could do without raising a sweat) I do believe taking the high road is always the best policy. Then you need to let it roll off, not always so easy.

And not that it should matter, but I think you're girl is lovely. Enjoy her.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.