The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turd, the yellow.. I keep saying yellow... palomino filly - is for sale. Had someone call, wanting to know about her. I had her listed at 3k. She's worth it - Futurity Champion, Won over 2k, etc.

Lady asked if we were negotiable and I said yes. Asked me what the bottom dollar on her was, and said $2,000. She said that $2,000 was too much for things to be the way they are. wtf? I know the market is down, otherwise this filly would be twice the price.

Mom said "She's been up a week, did she think we were going to slash the price in half?" And I was like "Yeah, maybe later... But, show season is later and she's going to be worth more!"

So I'm stuck with the fat yellow filly for now, but fat yellow filly is going to make me some fat green bucks eventually.

I figured out who this lady was, and honestly I wouldn't sell her a flea off a dogs back - but really? The filly is proven, UTD and looking good despite all winter circumstances. People baffle me!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Some people are just truly clueless as for what a good proven horse is worth... as i once read : "There are only two truths in the world. Those being the existence of the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not really sure about the first one."

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah, but keep in mind, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it - and what you are willing to let it go for. Plus, ads these days are all over the charts - so I can't blame someone for checking to see if you will go lower.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know she's trying to cut me down below what we purchased her for. She said she was going to buy her earlier but was 'on and off about it'. She might be off about it, but the filly will bring more people - especially in the palomino world. She'll get dark, I'll take her to Lake County and I'll probably have her sold that evening, if I have her that long even.

I know she's a good filly, and in a year or two she'll be selling for over 10k if the right people get her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.