The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 17 year old throughbred seems to have sore withers. First noticed it when I went to put on her saddle she shied away and seems sore to the touch. Had vet come put her on rest and meds. Had saddle fittted not a saddle problem. After a month not better. Anyone else ever had this problem and what did you do about it?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
My mare's withers were extremely sore this fall from an ill-fitting saddle and knocking them out of whack during her own horse shenanigans. About an hour of chiro and stretching from my vet and she was good as new.

Is there a reputable equine chiropractor in your area that you could contact?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I'll quote this here so everyone can see it.
Airforcemom15 said:
Thanks, I do have a Chiro that is good and had worked on horses in our barn manytimes. Did you get xrays of the withers or not.
No. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what all my vet/chiro did because she was up doing everyone's horses. I had said I would be late and figured Abby would be done after I got there because of it. By the time I got there, she was almost done, just doing some final stretches. My vet knew Abby well enough from working on her previously, so it wasn't a big deal. And since it was in probably September, I can't recall exactly what my vet other than I had a seriously ****ed off horse. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.