The Horse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Sky Window Building Tree

We are selling our property--this place is awesome. It's the last house on a private drive on rural land that can not be subdivided. I've had previous owners show up wanting to see it again--it leaves a mark on your heart. It is actually 5 bedrooms, however the county doesn't count the main level bedroom because there isn't a full bath on that floor. And each of those attics with the dormers have the capability to be finished. The storage is incredible. 27 acres | 5 stall Amish horse barn with water and electric | trails | 5 BR/ 2.5 Bath | Verizon Fios Internet Connection

15900 Colwell Drive BLOG

Official Listing

Plant Wood Natural landscape Tree Shade

Wood Rectangle Line Screenshot Font

Plant Sky Fence Split-rail fence Tree

Attachments

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Wow! We already bought our dream horse property, but this is better than what we bought LOL! It's gorgeous! And it seems like a great price! Wow. If I were looking to buy in this area, I'd snap this up in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 1129083
We are selling our property--this place is awesome. It's the last house on a private drive on rural land that can not be subdivided. I've had previous owners show up wanting to see it again--it leaves a mark on your heart. It is actually 5 bedrooms, however the county doesn't count the main level bedroom because there isn't a full bath on that floor. And each of those attics with the dormers have the capability to be finished. The storage is incredible. 27 acres | 5 stall Amish horse barn with water and electric | trails | 5 BR/ 2.5 Bath | Verizon Fios Internet Connection

15900 Colwell Drive BLOG

Official Listing

View attachment 1129079
View attachment 1129074

View attachment 1129078
Thank you all for the positive comments. We love this place. We are moving because we have a special needs child that needs more resources than we can get here.

I should mention, we got word today that it can be subdivided ONCE, so prospectively two parcels. We had a prospective buyer that wanted to build a house for their parents (Accessory houses are not allowed to be built but farm hand houses are). We did a lot of research and digging with the county, which originallysaid it couldn't be done but now we know it can :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sky Building Snow Window Plant

Here are some images of a big snow that happened last winter. :)

I have a blog about when we get snowed in. I personally love it.

Winter at Colwell blog

Sky Atmosphere Snow Natural landscape Cloud

Sky Plant Snow Natural landscape Wood

Sky Snow Plant Natural landscape Branch

Attachments

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Since you posted again, I was just curious. How much of the 27 acres are cleared for pasture? Are there restrictions forbidding all or part of the forested area from being cleared?

Reactions: ThunderJack

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Five and no restrictions. But you have to obtain a permit, I believe. And you may be able to get a permit to timber where you want cleared which can be worth some money. We had a selective timber harvest and got $30,000

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The topography would need to be looked at but there is room to expand another field and barn on the northern side of the property and behind the back yard and to the left of the backyard with some timber clearing. You could probably gain another 7 acres between these two places.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts