The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Someone posted a link to this in another thread, and I've seen it posted on other forums as well. Absolutely appalling.

horse-man-**** Video

And, it's not coming from some novice, newbie owner who doesn't have a clue about how to train their backyard horse who is just getting starting in the program.

This is the "queen bee" of the PNH program who is whacking the horse in the face with both the rope AND her hands! Not just once, but repeatedly.

I don't care if she is taking dressage lessons from WAZ or lessons from any other pro in the industry to improve her riding. . .this has nothing to do with bad riding and everything to do with crappy, irresponsible horsemanship.

Natural? Hardly.

Disgusting.:evil:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
It's like he's never been taught anything prior to that, and that they didn't even attempt to gain his attention before the lesson. wtfbbq?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's like he's never been taught anything prior to that, and that they didn't even attempt to gain his attention before the lesson. wtfbbq?
But still. . .SMACKING him in the face? Repeatedly? With rope and hand?

Is that the PNH method for getting a horse's attention?

My sympathies to the poor sod of an owner who was so immersed in the Kool-Aid that he just stood by while LP "trained" his horse.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
She was driving him forward by whacking him on the but with the lead and then hauling on his face to get him to STOP going forward - No way would I let her anywhere near my horses. Latte's brain would melt if you tried that on her. What a saint of a horse.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
She apparently wanted him to teleport away from her....she doesn't want him to back away, but he can't turn to walk away either. -sigh-

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Found a quote of Linda:

I also want people to know that it doesn't take talent, it doesn't take bravery and it doesn't take years to get there. It takes heart, desire and access to a phenomenal teacher who's willing to share everything he knows in a way that is simple to understand because it builds, step-by-step, to as high a level as you want to take it.

Really?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I also want people to know that it doesn't take talent, it doesn't take bravery and it doesn't take years to get there. It takes heart, desire and access to a phenomenal teacher who's willing to share everything he knows in a way that is simple to understand because it builds, step-by-step, to as high a level as you want to take it.
Well from that video she is truly proving that point.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Wow... why are they shaking ropes at the horse and twirling ropes and then waving arms.... ? This does not make sense.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
It would appear her hypocrisy knows no bounds. It's all about talking to the horse on his level and NEVER using force, right???? I have had to resort to using tactics similar to that before, but not in that way or that situation. Then again, I am not the self proclaimed Queen of NH either. To me, it's not so much that she is using those tactics, but the way she is using them seems really bass ackwards to me. Plus they are always preaching about never forcing an issue.

I would love to know which of the 7 games that is and how it is supposed to make the horse your friend. :?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If I were that horse, I would have a nervous breakdown from not understanding what I was suppose to do and being hit repeatedly. I would than proceed to turn around and kick her so hard she breaks a leg, then run away. Far, far away.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I see a very pushy horse there that is running over people.
Her use of NH methods (they all use the same, just with fancy names) is very off. I agree fully that she did not follow through with the correct methods, was way off on her timing, and she lost her patience.
But,
Ive slapped horses on the cheek before, Because they weren't giving to the lighter pressure I had applied. Ive Yanked horses around to get two eyes as well. Although, I am not a fan of the big snaps under. Whopping him on the butt is to disengage his hindquarters if he wont get his butt out of my way.
Be as light as possible but as much force as necessary.

No, my horses are not head shy. They are not flighty. And they Respect people

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I see a very pushy horse there that is running over people.
Her use of NH methods (they all use the same, just with fancy names) is very off. I agree fully that she did not follow through with the correct methods, was way off on her timing, and she lost her patience.
But,
Ive slapped horses on the cheek before, Because they weren't giving to the lighter pressure I had applied. Ive Yanked horses around to get two eyes as well. Although, I am not a fan of the big snaps under. Whopping him on the butt is to disengage his hindquarters if he wont get his butt out of my way.
Be as light as possible but as much force as necessary.

No, my horses are not head shy. They are not flighty. And they Respect people

Really? You see all that? I see a confused horse with not a clue in the world what he should be doing.

That lady is a quack. What was she attempting to accomplish? I must have missed it when I was banging my head on the desk or rolling my eyes. But I didn't miss how cute she looks in the parelli gear, like a nuttier version of linda herself!pompom pony tail on top of her head and everything!hehehe

·
Registered
671 Posts
Guys... you can't get the whole story of what happened in just that short video.

She slapped that horse on the butt to get it to face her. Im not going to say any more than this because i can see this thread turning into an argument very quickly.. All im going to say is if you had seen before and after that video, you may change your thoughts and views.

Oh and btw.. please don't let my name go ohhh... she's a parelli freak etc.. the old Parelli was a look better before they fell into the trap of money money money.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I won't post too much about this video here because I posted on the other Parelli thread but I think you are being a little too hard on her about this horse. She wasn't whacking the horse with the rope or her hands. She was defining her space and he ran into it. That horse had serious ADD and she needed to be quite aggressive in getting his attention. I don't like much of what I see in the Parelli program but I didn't mind this at all. that horse was not scared and he won't end up head shy. He had never been required to pay attention to any human on the ground and it took him a long time to figure out he needed to give his attention to her. This is not a young horse just starting out if it was I would be right there with the rest of you condeming her but this is a mature horse. Look at the horses expression at the start of the video and look at it at the end. At the end he has his head down and is looking at what Linda is doing and paying some attention to her. In the beginning he didn't pay any more attention to her than if she had been a leaf on the ground. There are several times when she had to step out of his way before he stepped on her. Not everyone would have done it this way but I think in this situation this horse needed what she did.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
If he hadn't been in her space she couldn't have reached him. He was not invited to be that close to her so if he wants to be left alone he had better move out of her space untill she asks him to come in.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I won't post too much about this video here because I posted on the other Parelli thread but I think you are being a little too hard on her about this horse. She wasn't whacking the horse with the rope or her hands. She was defining her space and he ran into it. That horse had serious ADD and she needed to be quite aggressive in getting his attention. I don't like much of what I see in the Parelli program but I didn't mind this at all. that horse was not scared and he won't end up head shy. He had never been required to pay attention to any human on the ground and it took him a long time to figure out he needed to give his attention to her. This is not a young horse just starting out if it was I would be right there with the rest of you condeming her but this is a mature horse. Look at the horses expression at the start of the video and look at it at the end. At the end he has his head down and is looking at what Linda is doing and paying some attention to her. In the beginning he didn't pay any more attention to her than if she had been a leaf on the ground. There are several times when she had to step out of his way before he stepped on her. Not everyone would have done it this way but I think in this situation this horse needed what she did.
Agree with you 100%

The point of backhanding the horse in the face was to get him out of her SPACE!! He was running over her.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Everyon this video is of a horse that does not respect people spaces and all she was trying to do was getting his attection and asking him to respect her space.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.